Insta Gas geyser vs regular geyser, which is the best?

Dear Friends;

I want to know the experience of you people about Insta Gas water geyser in which no water tank is required. I have a regular geyser 55galon in my home with conical befell installed. For me Insta Gas geyser works well if works for a single person. Where there are more family members, it can not supply the hot water quickly.

Suggest good Instant Geyser

Thats exactly the main problem.. in morning when water is very cold it takes long time even for insta gyser to heat it up, and for use for whole family in morning when everyone is about to get dressed, its not that good..

Three years ago we replaced our conventional geysers with Instagas geysers with high hopes of reducing our gas bill during winters. There were perpetual breakdowns with costly repairs and many of the repairs required the geysers to be removed and taken to the workshop. Additionally during periods of low gas pressure the geysers would fail to heat the water sufficiently. Worst of all, there was no noticeable saving. We persevered with them for a year but finally reverted to the conventional geysers. No more problems. The conventional geysers hardly ever breakdown, easily and quickly repaired and have preheated water in the tank when gas pressure plummets. Hope this helps.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

I have positive opinion about Instant Geysers, I have installed last year and before switching I was bit hesitated and researched a lot collected some reviews from users and then switched. Geyser which are in the market like Golden Fuji, Extreme, Super Asia, Nasgas I went for Nasgas 8Ltr /per minute and connected to two kitchens and two wash rooms, now after a year no single problem faced hot water supplied instantly to tap within 8 seconds rather in conventional geyser all pipes have cold water and need to wait for flush all. pressure in taps are marginally low but in acceptable range and would not affect system performance however two simultaneous taps usage reduce the performance. if you want to run three simultaneous tap operation then go for 10 ltr model it will suffice. regarding saving its impressive, negligible load on gas bill just consume 300 Rs gas p/m vs Conventional geyser which is approx 4500.

Actually old geyser have larger tank and have to heat-up all water at set temp beside consumption of 1 gallon or 55 gallon then after some time it will again turn on burner automatically without usage so gas bill increase considerably. in instant geyser it turn on burner when detection of water flow matured at load level and stopped when a user close the tap. conventional geyser might be suitable for large setup for contentious operation of all kitchens and wash rooms at good pressure but have hicup when tank emptied after 55 gallon and it will take time to regain heat for next 55 gallons, despite instant geyser can supply you same temperature and flow of water till till main overhead tank has water eg 400gallon.

I have posted my honest opinion some friends have bitter experience, all depend upon environment, quality of product, installation and more important user knowledge about machine. I have noticed some failed installations around me like opening of both taps of shower mixer when output closed which make a reverse cycle and push cold water back from instant geyser and resultantly no other user will get hot water till said mixer identified and one valve closed down.

Please suggest a good & economic option of instant geyser or any other technology(electric)?,i want to have it installed in washroom.Can 8 litres be used for shower of a single person? Do consider that when it is peak winter there is no availability of sui gas so can I connect instant geyser with cylinder gas?If yes is it costly to have warm water with cylinder gas option?

I have conventional geyser at home but in winter there isn't sui gas.What are best settings for conventional gas geyser?

I have used two instant geysers for 5 years without any problem but you must know pros and cons before deciding between tank type geysers and tankless type (instant) geysers. You can toss a coin to decide or think about the following:

1. Instant geysers reduce water pressure in taps/showers compared to tank type geysers. Hot water flow rate may be OK for ground floor of double story house but not for first floor, especially if you have single handle mixers in sink and shower - you may need a booster pump for the first floor.
  2. If gas pressure varies, then temperature of hot water from instant geyser will vary SIGNIFICANTLY. This is not noticeable with tank type geysers as thermostat switches burner on or off to maintain temperature. So if you use instant geyser at peak gas usage times, especially in winters, then you may get lukewarm water whereas tank type geyser has heated and stored hot water during the night when gas pressure was OK.
  3. Battery life for the igniter batteries (two C cells costing Rs 100-150 per pair) on tankless geyser ranges from 3 months for a single bathroom in summer to 2 weeks for kitchen+bathroom in winter.
  4. Gas savings are definitely there and instant geyser pays for itself within 4-5 years.
  5. If many people use hot water one after the other, then instant geyser is better as there is no wait for hot water.
  6. In windy weather instant geyser burner blows out and reignites cyclically, giving you alternating hot and cold water.

I want to know can i install the instant gas geyser horizontally???

because the space where i want to install it is not enough to install it vertically, so will it work fine if i install it horizontally or does it have to be vertically only?

Gas Geyser should be installed vertically because of flame direction of burners always be upward so installing in horizontal position will change its direction offset from coils also water flow sensor will also malfunction because its working on basis of gravity and magnetic reed switch.

^ Yes to all of that.