Information

If some one is bringing Car stereo audio worth $140 from Usa To karachi do they charge any tax on it? at karachi airport

^ Sam33r

You'll have to pay custom duty on electronics. No idea how much.

But you can't say to custom officer that to calculate custom duty on $140. Because government create a list of item with prices. Custom officer has full right to compare your device to his list and calculate custom duty with price in list. Even if item is not in list, law allow him to calculate custom duty on his discretion.

i dont think soo....

if u import it via some shipping company then may be you have to pay other wise an ordinary individual taking things any where as a gift

there is no duty.......

a 500 rupees note may work too!

i dont think there's any tax if you're carrying it with you as a "gift", i definitely avoid bribing anyone though..

^well yeah it was a bad joke but well its sad but things work this way here!

@ archim3des

No offense, but I am not sure you can bring anything in "gift" category. It's otherwise that you don't declare or conceal it or use infamous "green pass/door (or whatever it's name)".

@ SaadIbrahim

It's no joke. It's reality of life. Custom officer has legal power (draconian power) to keep anyone on airport for 24 hours or can held anyone to force to miss his/her flight. And yes, they do it for illegal purpose (to get bribe). It is done hundreds of time daily. That's why a 500 or 1000 note is your friend in need ;)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

@ archim3des

No offense, but I am not sure you can bring anything in “gift” category. It’s otherwise that you don’t declare or conceal it or use infamous “green pass/door (or whatever it’s name)”.

@ SaadIbrahim

It’s no joke. It’s reality of life. Custom officer has legal power (draconian power) to keep anyone on airport for 24 hours or can held anyone to force to miss his/her flight. And yes, they do it for illegal purpose (to get bribe). It is done hundreds of time daily. That’s why a 500 or 1000 note is your friend in need ;)

[/quote]

ri8