Information Need about seting up Gaming arena

i plan to open an lan/online gaming arena in my town.. if any of you manage this sort setup... please inform me ... i have some Qs.

ask what you want to ask

easy get a expensive good quality cables and switch (the lan thing) depends on ur pc quantity... get pc's with 2gb rams and a1.8 c2d with a 8500gt 1gb or 8600gt with 256 or 512 and please get lcd's.. dnt destry ur customers eye's and will cost u less in long run..like electricity bills... and get a 250 GB wd sata2 16mb cache and u are done.. if u are more protective then get a ups to suport ur ps's for min 5 mins.

in start i install with 10 PCs.

C2D 1.8

1 GB Ram

160 GB HDD

8600GT 512

is above spec. are ok?

is any dedicated server required for security or Online playing...?

software for billing/control timing of users and security?

thts good enough but is tht 160 gb sata? cuz i dnt think its having 16 mb cache(still thts fine).. but yes u need a server and anyone can create it.. u just have to turn the computer on nothing else... all of the things will be handeld by the user... and no u cant do online gaming tht easliy.. it will cost u an arm and leg so forget it.

yes there arr plenty of softwares for biling... i remember millenium bug and ofcourse tht other one FORGOT ITS NAME!! OH WHT WAS IT!! the one really popular... but i use to hack everyone of them hehehehe.. serch google and u will find it and hope tht its free or pirated but working..

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

in start i install with 10 PCs.

C2D 1.8

1 GB Ram

160 GB HDD

8600GT 512

is above spec. are ok?

[/quote]

What games do you plan to have in your setup? People only play counter strike and DOTA in here and for those games i personally think 512 ram, 80gb hdd and a 6600GT 256 is more that enough.

But the specs you posted are good, if you are willing to invest in it then do by all means.

is any dedicated server required for security or Online playing…?

software for billing/control timing of users and security?

[/quote]

Do you plan to get a DSL and play online? Or you want to know the security of a LAN?

The Software for billing control which is used all over karachi is cyber cafe pro 5 i believe. but i have seen another software being used in lahore but it sucks big time (it quits your games if you alt-tab trying to see you remaining time)

Yes dedicated server is required for counter strike but not necessarily, some gaming zones are running great without them

edit* Some other things i must add.

1. make sure the air conditioning is top class if you are in a hot city.

2. make sure the furniture you use is comfortable, the best chairs out there are those car chairs they use.

What games do you plan to have in your setup? People only play counter strike and DOTA in here and for those games i personally think 512 ram, 80gb hdd and a 6600GT 256 is more that enough.

But the specs you posted are good, if you are willing to invest in it then do by all means.

Do you plan to get a DSL and play online? Or you want to know the security of a LAN?

The Software for billing control which is used all over karachi is cyber cafe pro 5 i believe. but i have seen another software being used in lahore but it sucks big time (it quits your games if you alt-tab trying to see you remaining time)

Yes dedicated server is required for counter strike but not necessarily, some gaming zones are running great without them

edit* Some other things i must add.

1. make sure the air conditioning is top class if you are in a hot city.

2. make sure the furniture you use is comfortable, the best chairs out there are those car chairs they use.

[/quote]

Thanks for you information… i plan windows 2003 server for Dedicated server… and windows XP Pro SP2 for Clients… is it ok?

do i need licensed games for all PCs or working with one CD/DVD which is availed in market Rs.35/-?

and also require install games like CS,Halo or NFS on server or just at client END?

avoid using pirated software as musch as you can for the earning purpose.

It seems to me you know very little about a gaming zone setup. I recommend you go talk with someone already running a gaming zone.

If you can then my personal advice would be to pay him a little money and ask him to setup everything for you if you really want for everything to go as smooth as possible.

It seems to me you know very little about a gaming zone setup. I recommend you go talk with someone already running a gaming zone.

If you can then my personal advice would be to pay him a little money and ask him to setup everything for you if you really want for everything to go as smooth as possible.

[/quote]

you are right, i have not much knowledge about gaming zone. i post this topic for looking if any of this forum user is doing or in this business.

All systems must have 8800GT and a Core 2 Duo processor.

you are right, i have not much knowledge about gaming zone. i post this topic for looking if any of this forum user is doing or in this business.

[/quote]

I don’t want to discourage you, but why do you want to get into a business you know next to nothing about? Not to mention the high equipment costs associated with setting up a LAN gaming environment, and the exponential rate of depreciation of said equipment. Sounds to me like a recipe for disaster…