Info required regarding procedures

1. Does an individual importing an electronic item (something big, not the usual HDD or graphics card etc etc.) require an import permission or permit of any kind? Or can we import directly and then pay any taxes at the port/ dry port/ collection point?

2. Importing an item on a commercial basis requires a permit of sorts? Is that true?

3. If one has to start a business and form a company, do we register it? And where exactly do we have to register it?