Increase in prices of Electricity (9%), petrol (5rs) , diesel (4rs)

thread title says every thing :(

Source: http://thenews.com.pk/updates.asp?id=38833

Gifts from the newly elected government. Congratulations, O Pakistani nation! :lol:

/sarcasm

I already used to laugh (in my heart) when people said "when (HE/SHE) will come, prices will go down like drain". At least now I'll be able to laugh out loud! :)

Excellent..

Spend time on internet 24 hours a day coz prices have come down half..and tie up stones on stomach coz food cost will increase at the same time..

what are they bragging about.. "hum ne progress ke hai..roti ko chorain...dekhain ghar ghar dsl hai, " (mind my MUSH)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Excellent…

Spend time on internet 24 hours a day coz prices have come down half…and tie up stones on stomach coz food cost will increase at the same time…

what are they bragging about… "hum ne progress ke hai…roti ko chorain…dekhain ghar ghar dsl hai, " (mind my MUSH)

[/quote]

internet pricese are coming down how happy we are and what about this :(

Lowering of internet prices... a leaving gift from Mush. Geo Mush!!! :lol:

With international fuel prices rising at an alarming rate, this was inevitable, be it the previous, caretaker or next government. Blaming it on an entity, or rather one person is plain stupidity and just goes to show how much you don't know.

It is however laughable that a lot of people contested the elections under the slogan of reducing prices by half and what not, because that is impossible - at least under the current situation, both national and international.

With international fuel prices rising at an alarming rate, this was inevitable, be it the previous, caretaker or next government. Blaming it on an entity, or rather one person is plain stupidity and just goes to show how much you don’t know.
[/quote]

Ditto.

Sheep blame whoever they want to blame since the factors affecting the price are not in our control. And it all just exposes the false promises in the manifestos of political parties. Clearly, manifestos are a joke in our country but they make or break a political party abroad.

With international fuel prices rising at an alarming rate, this was inevitable, be it the previous, caretaker or next government. Blaming it on an entity, or rather one person is plain stupidity and just goes to show how much you don’t know.

It is however laughable that a lot of people contested the elections under the slogan of reducing prices by half and what not, because that is impossible - at least under the current situation, both national and international.

[/quote]

or u mean to say ignoring the fact that we cant sustain our economy becoz we have corrupt system and ministers… cots of oil goes up in many countries but they are progressing countries …they collect taxes…build revenues and spend in economy to inccrease buying power of people to tackle the issue

and what we do…even compared… many know alot IMO…

or u mean to say ignoring the fact that we cant sustain our economy becoz we have corrupt system and ministers… cots of oil goes up in many countries but they are progressing countries …they collect taxes…build revenues and spend in economy to inccrease buying power of people to tackle the issue

and what we do…even compared… many know alot IMO…

[/quote]

To fight inflation caused by oil prices rising, the governments of such countries impose higher taxes so they can spend more? That would only add to the pressures on the public, it won’t help anything.

Oil prices are an international issue and everyone is being effected - US, UK, India, Pakistan…every country that buys oil. We feel it more than the people in US because we’re a developing nation and can’t sustain ourselves properly.

Yes our politicians are corrupt, but you can’t blame this on them, because even the most honorable would have had no choice but to bow to this change sooner or later.

Those who say its Musharraf’s fault or Q’s fault know jack, because it isn’t. Its nobody’s fault, its just the way it is. You can’t help it, you can’t fight it. Saying they’ll lower all prices, as our “leaders” have been saying to get votes is folly.

i myself looked around and was surpised by how stupid people expectations were after elections>i mean are our leaders so smart that they will have a magic wand like harry potter and suddenly everthing will be alright>i mean do we believe in miracles like all of them have brains trained by the finest harvard economics school oe something.......

**poof**

in a magical land saudia arabia will give us feul for less price

all the terrorism in our land is gone

we have peace with india

low prices on everything

maybe the leaders of our past have learned their lessons and are finally willing to work for the good of the common man

everybody from the clerk to our higher ups will suddenly stop taking bribes

I THINK NOT :(

I echo what jack said completely. Please do remember that the people who've been elected have been elected before - TWICE. The politicians are the same, the people are the same, the country is the same. So how can we expect things to change overnight?

This is the only country in the world where we mourn and idolize those who have raped and pillaged our country in plain day light. The people of this country are drowning in their apparently limitless ignorance. Is it really a democracy if your leaders owe their success to the crimes and victims of feudalism? I think not.

The problems are endless, the solutions everywhere but the courage scarce.

Wake up, people, wake up.

i read in Bloomberg Markets magazine that during 2007, around the world, prices of diary products increased by 84%, oils by 66%, grains by 45% and meats by 16%. Main reason quoted was: demand from China. It seems one day China will eat up the world, cuz they eat everything that comes across.

And only recently, oil has crossed $100 a barrel ($102 to be more precise), gold has crossed $950 an ounce, and Euro has soared to around $1.52. What's funny is that every other currency in the world is appreciating against USD, but PKR is depreciating.

So can we blame our governments, past or present? partly yes, cuz on top of these global problems, there is mismanagement, be it wheat or flour or sugar or..... whatever.

the international oil price is 103$ per barrel now....so this this was going to happen sooner or later.

I wouldn't mind the price increase in electricity if they actually provide electricity. Its still winter and there's a 2 hour load shedding. Cant imagine whats going to happen in the summer

i was laughing when i heard this statment about increase in electricity pricese.

" this will be applicable only on , who consume more then 50 units ". :)

i was laughing when i heard this statment about increase in electricity pricese.

" this will be applicable only on , who consume more then 50 units ". :)

[/quote]

By the way, I got my electricity bill yesterday for Rs. 90/- as I was able to consume only 23 units, so I’m not laughing with you ;)

But it’s intriguing. My bill dropped from over 3,200 a couple of months back to just 90. Something is fishy with my meter.

lets pray for a recession in USA.
[/quote]

The prayers have been answered I guess as US is on its way to recession worse than predicted by US government, Fed and broader markets. We’ve yet to see further dominoes falling because of sub-prime crisis…

By the way, I got my electricity bill yesterday for Rs. 90/- as I was able to consume only 23 units, so I’m not laughing with you ;)

But it’s intriguing. My bill dropped from over 3,200 a couple of months back to just 90. Something is fishy with my meter.

[/quote]

what :o u r using only one 100 watt bulb at home :o