"Increase Battery Life" Solution

Does this method work, and has anybody tried it?

Links below for, "Give Your Dead UPS Battery A Second Life Using This Cheap And Simple Trick"

Page with comments

similar topic, no comments on the page

Tried searching the forum for keyword, 'Epsom' but no results.

I guess it hasn't been discussed here before. What's the verdict?

not sufficient results ..

not a very long lasting solution..

not actually that much beneficial as much as they claim.

Only dry batteries , (Quality imported batteries) are meant to last longer..for many years..

when Local wet battery life is over 2 years, its time to say Good bye.

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:2, topic:20990”]

Only dry batteries , (Quality imported batteries) are meant to last longer..for many years..

[/quote]

which compnay dry batries are good in 200amp and what is price in 200amp?

[quote=“RKuken, post:, topic:”]

Does this method work, and has anybody tried it?

Links below for, "Give Your Dead UPS Battery A Second Life Using This Cheap And Simple Trick"

Page with comments

similar topic, no comments on the page

Tried searching the forum for keyword, 'Epsom' but no results.

I guess it hasn't been discussed here before. What's the verdict?

[/quote]

Before scrapping my last battery I went to 3 major chemists wanting to buy Epsom salts/Magnesium Sulphate. They all asked why I needed it, after explaining them the reason they just told me they didn't have any. I still wonder why they would lie and refuse to sell me some.

If you can find a place to buy some then tell me.

[quote=“zulfiali86, post:3, topic:20990”]

[/quote]

Sacred Sun , and narada...unfortunately, most of the narada sold is used battery , not new..

we import sacred sun batteries.. 100AH battery is around 21-22k.. not sure..since new stock is about to arrive next week, and prices will be settled then..other capacities include 120AH and 150AH... designed life of 10 years..

the backup of 100AH is almost same as 150AH local batteries..

[quote=“executionist, post:4, topic:20990”]

Before scrapping my last battery I went to 3 major chemists wanting to buy Epsom salts/Magnesium Sulphate. They all asked why I needed it, after explaining them the reason they just told me they didn't have any. I still wonder why they would lie and refuse to sell me some.

If you can find a place to buy some then tell me.

[/quote]

Well that's odd! Maybe you had to go to a 'minor' chemist rather than a major one. If you know what I mean.

Still, I will look into it, when I head out in my pursuit.

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:5, topic:20990”]

Sacred Sun , and narada…unfortunately, most of the narada sold is used battery , not new…

we import sacred sun batteries… 100AH battery is around 21-22k… not sure…since new stock is about to arrive next week, and prices will be settled then…other capacities include 120AH and 150AH… designed life of 10 years…

the backup of 100AH is almost same as 150AH local batteries…

[/quote]
Farhan, does you have any dealership in karachi? Or do you ship to other cities?

Sent from my HUAWEI G700-U10 using Tapatalk

shipping can be done to other cities.. at cost of buyer..which would be plenty, since these are very heavy batteries..Daweoo Cargo would be the possible cheapest option..they charge by KG..

^^ total weight please??

Sacred sun are meant for solar systems only OR it can be attached with normal UPS / inverter?

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:2, topic:20990”]

[/quote]

Wouldn't it be good to pour Pyro electrolyte instead of epsom salt or anything else. I last week did this with my Phoenix battery and feeling slight improvement in backup and charge holding of battery.

[quote=", post:10, topic:20990"]

Sacred sun are meant for solar systems only OR it can be attached with normal UPS / inverter? Sent from my HUAWEI G700-U10 using Tapatalk

[/quote]

65kg each.. 200Ah.. they are very heavy.. they can attached to anything.. solar is also a charger..but it would be wise to put them on a very high quality UPS like an apc.. or use an inverter only with a high quality imported charger with intelligent multistage charging.. not those cheap asss chinese chargers at 1500rs.

Daewoo shipping charges can be checked by callinng them.. its usually 12rs per kg i think..

[quote="nasirjavaid, post:11, topic:20990"]

Wouldn't it be good to pour Pyro electrolyte instead of epsom salt or anything else. I last week did this with my Phoenix battery and feeling slight improvement in backup and charge holding of battery.

[/quote]

Pyro is not electrolyte.. its deionized water.. and mostly very dirty water with mud and sand clearly visible due to local tap water in packing..

you canot pour acid in any existing battery.. only water.. the best water is home filtered and boiled then cooled water.. that is all you would need.

for clean market water.. exide sells its own original water in 1 litre packing.. that is much better than those 20rs bottles..

what you might be getting in charge improvement could be increased wapda voltage due to previous rains..those bottles dont do anything..its just water..

Typo

Duplicate post

Sacred sun and narada are these chinese?

I have used chinese Ritar and other chinese batteries but all were waste

Also used Gs yuasa and Powersafe batteries UK made it has no match

If I'm not wrongs In 2009 I had a 175 amp power safe battery it's weight is 75 kg

GS yuasa is japanese company partner of AGS.

Sacred is one of the top rated companies world wide and is based in china.

Please pm your contact

^ PM me with your queries..write in detail there..

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:12, topic:20990”]

65kg each.. 200Ah.. they are very heavy.. they can attached to anything.. solar is also a charger..but it would be wise to put them on a very high quality UPS like an apc.. or use an inverter only with a high quality imported charger with intelligent multistage charging.. not those cheap asss chinese chargers at 1500rs.

Daewoo shipping charges can be checked by callinng them.. its usually 12rs per kg i think..

Pyro is not electrolyte.. its deionized water.. and mostly very dirty water with mud and sand clearly visible due to local tap water in packing..

you canot pour acid in any existing battery.. only water.. the best water is home filtered and boiled then cooled water.. that is all you would need.

for clean market water.. exide sells its own original water in 1 litre packing.. that is much better than those 20rs bottles..

what you might be getting in charge improvement could be increased wapda voltage due to previous rains..those bottles dont do anything..its just water..

[/quote]

Pyro prepares both products: Blue bottle is deionized water and Red bottle is electrolyte. I bought both of them and topped up my battery with ELECTROLYTE instead of water and result is good backup and increased SG. :)

[quote=“nasirjavaid, post:18, topic:20990”]

Pyro prepares both products: Blue bottle is deionized water and Red bottle is electrolyte. I bought both of them and topped up my battery with ELECTROLYTE instead of water and result is good backup and increased SG. :)

[/quote]

Best water for Battery is deionized water /Distilled water, not your home filtered and boiled water. Otherwise your Flooded battery will die a prematurely. A well maintained Flooded lead acid battery can last longer than a Dry battery (which is being abused).

WARNING: Never add acid to a battery.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Watering

FLOODED BATTERIES ONLY

Flooded batteries need water.

More importantly, watering must be done at the right time and in the right amount or the battery’s performance and longevity suffers.

Water should always be added after fully charging the battery. Prior to charging, there should be enough water to cover the plates. If the battery has been discharged (partially or fully), the water level should also be above the plates. Keeping the water at the correct level after a full charge will prevent having to worry about the water level at a different state of charge.

Depending on the local climate, charging methods, application, etc., Trojan recommends that batteries be checked once a month until you get a feel for how often your batteries are need watering.

Important Things to Remember

Do not let the plates get exposed to air. This will damage (corrode) the plates.

Do not fill the water level in the filling well to the cap. This most likely will cause the battery to overflow acid, consequently losing capacity and causing a corrosive mess.

Do not use water with a high mineral content. Use distilled or deionized water only.

CAUTION: The electrolyte is a solution of acid and water so skin contact should be avoided.

Step-By-Step Watering Procedure

Open the vent caps and look inside the fill wells.

Check electrolyte level; the minimum level is at the top of the plates.

If necessary add just enough water to cover the plates at this time.

Put batteries on a complete charge before adding any additional water (refer to the Charging section).

Once charging is completed, open the vent caps and look inside the fill wells.

Add water until the electrolyte level is 1/8″ below the bottom of the fill well.

A piece of rubber can be used safely as a dipstick to help determine this level.

Clean, replace, and tighten all vent caps.

[/quote]

http://www.trojanbattery.com/tech-support/battery-maintenance/

[quote=“yousaf465, post:19, topic:20990”]

Best water for Battery is deionized water /Distilled water, not your home filtered and boiled water. Otherwise your Flooded battery will die a prematurely. A well maintained Flooded lead acid battery can last longer than a Dry battery (which is being abused).

Watering

FLOODED BATTERIES ONLY

Flooded batteries need water.

More importantly, watering must be done at the right time and in the right amount or the battery’s performance and longevity suffers.

Water should always be added after fully charging the battery. Prior to charging, there should be enough water to cover the plates. If the battery has been discharged (partially or fully), the water level should also be above the plates. Keeping the water at the correct level after a full charge will prevent having to worry about the water level at a different state of charge.

Depending on the local climate, charging methods, application, etc., Trojan recommends that batteries be checked once a month until you get a feel for how often your batteries are need watering.

Important Things to Remember

Do not let the plates get exposed to air. This will damage (corrode) the plates.

Do not fill the water level in the filling well to the cap. This most likely will cause the battery to overflow acid, consequently losing capacity and causing a corrosive mess.

Do not use water with a high mineral content. Use distilled or deionized water only.

CAUTION: The electrolyte is a solution of acid and water so skin contact should be avoided.

Step-By-Step Watering Procedure

Open the vent caps and look inside the fill wells.

Check electrolyte level; the minimum level is at the top of the plates.

If necessary add just enough water to cover the plates at this time.

Put batteries on a complete charge before adding any additional water (refer to the Charging section).

Once charging is completed, open the vent caps and look inside the fill wells.

Add water until the electrolyte level is 1/8″ below the bottom of the fill well.

A piece of rubber can be used safely as a dipstick to help determine this level.

Clean, replace, and tighten all vent caps.

[/quote]

http://www.trojanbattery.com/tech-support/battery-maintenance/

Hey bro, Yes deionized water is best for topping up battery when water level is low. But when SG is low then we can add electrolyte to maintain SG..

Note: Pyro is not ACID... its ELECTROLYTE and adding it has no harm..