Incompetent People in PTCL

Okay Some days back i had problem in my internet like frequent disconnection n high noise margin rate.because of this i could not use internet for 3 or 4 days , so i complaint on 1218 as usual & also called the DSL guy to come to my home & check whats the problem. as i waited like 2 days than i again called him n asked him you are coming or not? n he said i am stuck in some place n cannot come , but i am sending an other guy who is also from dsl department n he'll fix your problem.so after some time that guy knocked the door n i asked him to come inside n took him in front of computer n i was standing behind him , he was my age fellow like 22/23 so he opened his dairy n read User-admin Password-admin from there than he opened the router page n write down UPSTREAM Rate , DownStream Rate , Noise Margin etc.. in his dairy :blink: n sed he'll mail these statistics to his senoirs for further assistance :lol: .i wanted to ask him what is downstream thingy? n i bet he didn't know.but i didn't wanted to embarrass him.So i asked in good manners you look new how did you get in PTCL n he said that DSL guy is his Mamo :) he arranged this job for me n yeah i asked about his salary n he sed he's getting 18K a month n 4 Liter Petrol for Bike daily :rolleyes: than i sed (Yaar mamo say meray liye be baat karo na)?but he started laughing at me :wacko: .

It often happens when authorities are in hands of corrupt people.

The whole country from top to bottom is being run by mamoo, chacha, bhanja, bhateeja or betas. Thats why we can't get anything run properly in Pakistan.

@scuzzy (bit off topic), but you can't blame the country for this.... In fact it's us who're responsible and, always looking for the short cuts, We're "دو نمبری" nation (It hurts but it's true), and want to double the profit overnights, even cutting our brother throats .... We also select corrupt people and then start blaming them.... and our departments select "سفارشی" people (who're also someone from us) and we just start blaming them too... What I should say more.... (اللہ ہی ہماری حالت سدھارے اور بطور قوم ہم کو سیدھا راستہ دکھائے)

and @Monty

Your noise problem is related to your phone line. get in contact with your area's Lineman (مگر افسوس کہ اسے بھی رشوت دیئے بغیر آپ کام نہیں نکلواسکتے)

^ Friend. i am fed up with the tradition to exalt the country itself.

In my opinion, its the people who make a country. A country itself is nothing.

Put good people in a slave country. They will earn independence. Put rubbish people in an independent country. They will become slaves soon.

Let me put it another way.

Ever wondered why they call Pakistan a terrorist country? (Logically, a country cant be a terrorist). The fact remains that its people of our country who have earned labels.

When someone is talking about a country, they are talking about the people of the country. After all, no one sane enough can blame a piece of land for anything.

U love UR country because your course books in elementary education (n people like zaid hamid) said so.

scuzzy is absolutely right.

PTCL is a pakistani company. So what OP said, is totally business as usual.

Monty! How far away is the telephone exchange from your residence. How old is the ptcl infrastructure in your area? How old are your own telephone cables?

@ Alam Shah

Yes , its actually the line problem my copper wire is damaged from some areas , Line man are good for nothing so i talked to my exchange S.D.O .he asked me about the distance of pool from my house i told him its like 50-60 meters from my house than he said we do not have copper wire in our stores right now ,remind me after a week i'll send a guy with new cable for you n he will change it.Now lets See when he send some one to fix my line.

@ Hawker.

Telephone Exchange is like 2 or 3 KM away from my residence n the ptcl infrastructure is pretty old. When Ptcl came in our area we were the first people to get telephone connections.But they have recently started their broadband services in our town like year or two n they didn't upgraded anything accept some changes in exchange,i dunno technical things what they really did something in exchange.One thing i know my copper line is damaged from some areas.

Remember:We do not have any alternate for Broadband in our area, Only PTCL is providing their Services in my town.

Guys can i complain somewhere about this injustice?To be honest i am jealous this job handed over some one who dunno the ABC of this profession.i know some guys in my town, who have done (Cisco Certified Network Professional)n doing more in networking profession. i mean don't they deserve such jobs? when they have nothing to do.

[quote=“Monty, post:, topic:”]

he was my age fellow like 22/23 so he opened his dairy n read User-admin Password-admin from there than he opened the router page n write down UPSTREAM Rate , DownStream Rate , Noise Margin etc… in his dairy :blink: n sed he’ll mail these statistics to his senoirs for further assistance :lol: .i wanted to ask him what is downstream thingy? n i bet he didn’t know.but i didn’t wanted to embarrass him.So i asked in good manners you look new how did you get in PTCL n he said that DSL guy is his Mamo :) he arranged this job for me n yeah i asked about his salary n he sed he’s getting 18K a month n 4 Liter Petrol for Bike daily :rolleyes: than i sed (Yaar mamo say meray liye be baat karo na)?but he started laughing at me :wacko: .
[/quote]

roflmao!.. Epic yaar

Yeh toh haal hai :D

Monty! You should get the wires changed as you already understand that part. And dont believe the SDO etc. Their "next week" will never come. Keep on complaining via the helpline. If they dont have any wire in store, what will they do if someone applies a new connection?

Hawker , Right now i'am waiting,i'll call him on monday as promised if he again make some lame excuses than i'll complain via helpline n will wait for the response.n you should know before applying a new connection,u won't be getting it in a month or so. :P .

That old "out of stock" wire excuse. This is a

common 'juking' tactic among all of these utility

companies. In a few days time you will call him

up again and he will most likely tell you that

he has submitted an application to Islamabad/

head-office and when they'll approve it, the wire

will arrive and he will get right on it. You are

their first priority, blah, blah.

Our whole street had the 'Baghdad' connection for

years and years, every lineman said it needed to

be changed. Finally, we... moved away to a place

with a better connection.

Taar, albatta, na phonchi.

Sheikh 'Na Taar Aai Gi, Na Radha Nachey Gi' Chilli

na taar ayay gi, na sdo naachay ga :D

^ SDOs only dance for Quaid-e-Azam, or Gabbar

Singh.

Sheikh 'Nach Re Basanti!' Chilli

PS: Btw, anyone know which song/movie are these

lyrics from ?. "Na Tu Aaye gee, Na Hee Chen Aaye Ga" ?.

This could be the theme song for KESC victims. It just

popped into my head from nowhere, right now, and will

not go away.

^^^Junaid Jamshed :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBuhd991fJo

Sheikh Saab , i understood the Quaid-e-Azam part but what about Gabbar Singh???

i have all the sympathies with you but perhaps you have been over estimating a company who has been a govt (public property) some time ago! It will take time but ... Neways!

[quote=“firecruz, post:17, topic:15787”]

i have all the sympathies with you but perhaps you have been over estimating a company who has been a govt (public property) some time ago! It will take time but … Neways!

[/quote]

i always appreciate good work done by ptcl , like providing us dsl services in our town.Ptcl has more than 700 connections in my small town so its us who are in need not ptcl. we do not have any other ISP in our area either. so on other hand we are also happy with ptcl.But the thing is how can some one jump from nowhere n get such job without any hesitation in a company like PTCL.