In car GPS system and MAP introduced

Data solutions (ltd) and Tracking world are offering pakistan's first in car navigation system. In detail maps are available for major cities. 40000 POI's(point of intrests) such as CNG/FUEL MOSQUES RESTURANTS ATM etc are added.

Coustemers wil have to pay only once.

Device price range $399-$599 and $120 for map.

Costly w.r.t Pakistan

Prices would drop dramatically in a few months or a year or two at the most..IN five years GPS would be common like cell phone these days.. GPS is very very useful...

gps enabled mobile is most better option .

just take this example ,

if u have average mobile of worth $200 , then add the gps device price $400 , the sum becomes $600 and in $600 = 50400 rupee @ 84 ruppee per dollar , you can get any gps enabled mobile fone , which think is a much much better option

trakkernav is also offering GPS in karachi with same features

What are their charges ? and is there any option if we want full map of pakistan ?

U can not compare in car GPS system with a simple gprs enabled cell. Its a lot more different thing.

Mobile is a better option as it can be carried any where

What do you guys think about GPS GSM tracker watches?

How can u find a way in such a small screen in watches ???

Whose talking about navigation with maps. It can tell you speed and coordinates (longitude and latitude). Its very good for tracking. I think Mobile watch with gps is an ideal gadget.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

[/quote]

Suppose someone wants to buy a digital camera and someone like u says why spending much money on camera just buy a mobile with camera. It is cheap and it can b carried anywhere bla bla…

My friend dont u see any difference btween dedicated camera and mobile camera.

Same is the case of car gps and mobile navigation.

My dear friend , according to the rule or market , every customer has different needs , and u must know that majority of todays world like multi purpose products , there are very less people left who like specialized products , u can see the case of mobiles , majority of people prefer mobiles having camera , mp3 player , video reconrding bla bla . . .. and compare it with those people who like a simple fone with out camera and without colour screen . U wil get answer !

My dear friend , according to the rule or market , every customer has different needs , and u must know that majority of todays world like multi purpose products , there are very less people left who like specialized products , u can see the case of mobiles , majority of people prefer mobiles having camera , mp3 player , video reconrding bla bla . . … and compare it with those people who like a simple fone with out camera and without colour screen . U wil get answer !
[/quote]

100% agress with u

U can not compare in car GPS system with a simple gprs enabled cell. Its a lot more different thing.
[/quote]

Its the same technology. The tracker in cars,which is ridiculiously expensive is same GPS/GSM/GPRS technology

/me remembers Scofield from one of those nice Prison Break episodes where he bought that GPS device for ~100$

300$ is alot for a GPS device,they should've kept the option of letting the users buy some entry level GPS device. still its great to hear GPS is entering our daily lives now (since its soooooooo much used and has been for the last few or more years in other countries)

Trakker (pvt) ltd. have launched in car navigation about 8months back..go to their website and check it out..

[/quote]

No its not - i use my blackberry and TeleNAV maps while in US to work around roads - it cannot be compared to an actual GPS device as risk of accident is very very high unless you have another person sitting guiding you.