Importing Electronic Items

I came across a Chinese website, that is offering electronic items for lesser price than we can have in Pakistan. I was just wondering if I order an item (like Android Tablet or cellphone), what extra costs I have to pay in Pakistan? I mean, if any VAT, GST, Import Tax etc charges by customs? If I order something worth Rs.10000, what will be the approximately total cost I have to bear?

I think it will not be specific to China. If we order from any country, same taxes will be there.

Thanks

China items are usually dodgy, they even have fake iStores there in china.. be prepared for a shock if you take the risk of ordering items.

[quote=“ArsalanJ, post:, topic:”]

I came across a Chinese website, that is offering electronic items for lesser price than we can have in Pakistan.

[/quote]

Do you really believe it ? At least I don’t.

[quote=“ArsalanJ, post:, topic:”]

what extra costs I have to pay in Pakistan? I mean, if any VAT, GST, Import Tax etc charges by customs?

[/quote]

You only need to worry about import taxes if you ever receive your ordered item :)

Which website it is ? Google about this website, you may find user feedback about it.

PS: I know many Chinese websites which are accessible from all around the world but not from China, now what does that tell you?

The items of the china are fake. It will be really be risky way for buying items. Its good to know more details about the items which you are purchasing.

used cars | cars for sale | used cars for sale

Yes, I also agreed with all members which are saying that China items are mostly fake. Once I try to import Dish Antennas from Alibaba.com and found it very complicated procedure and having no any guarantee of items when it will reach to you. So it is advised that not try to import any item from such websites which have not any authensity.

I'm thinking of purchasing from Chinavasion. It seems quite reliable because it has a proper Wikipedia article at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinavasion (with references) as well as Engadget has referred to it in many product reviews/articles (http://www.engadget.com/tag/Chinavasion/).

I understand quality & reliability of Chinese unbranded products can't be compared with famous brands but I think I can take risk, as prices are not very high. I previously took risk by purchasing a Qmobile Touchscreen phone & I wasn't disappointed at all.

why some time people behave just like old grand pa:(

The guy just wanted to know about any Import duty or Taxes on personal shipment.

@ArsalanJ

I am sure you will find about our dodgy customs behavior more, once you read and know about them in details. There are no (or at least clear) information available on their CBR) website . Even duty free items sometime need customs clearance So it all depends on the users experience and sometime on luck,

Apart from checking your dealer legitimacy, I don't think you'll be charged by small and personal items, so the best solution (if you ever want to order something) is to mark your package as Gift or Sample (If its under 100$) and you can do it by contacting the website or the vender "Customer support"

There are some success stories of package reaching to destinations with no hassle and loss and there are also :( horrible stories of package has been opened by customs for examination or completely stolen in the way. If by chance the package is stopped at customs then you need to negotiate for clearance :(

Good luck!

I agree with Alam Shah, he has given a very clear information about importing electronic items.

I hope it may be helpful to you.

used cars | cars for sale | used cars for sale