Important info for Hotmail customers on Outlook, Outlook Express,Or

As I am, and have been, using the Hotmail on Outlook, i got the following email from windowslive recently.

Probably all the users might have received this email If they have been using their Hotmail account on Outlook or one of the mentioned client. I just thought to share the information for others as well just for knowledge. that in future if some looking for some related stuff and he/she could get that with more chances including it in google results.

and also for those who like to use their Hotmail account with POP3 access.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
To: xxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxx.com

Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 13:39:25 -0700

Subject: Reminder: Important info for Hotmail customers on Outlook, Outlook Express, or Entourage

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Windows Live Hotmail Customer,

You are receiving this note because you have used Microsoft Office Outlook, Outlook Express, or Entourage to view your Windows Live Hotmail®. Microsoft is changing the way these programs access Hotmail e-mail which will require you to take action.

To continue to receive e-mail from your Hotmail account, please select one of the alternative solutions below before September 1, 2009. After this day, new e-mail can only be delivered to your mail programs through the following alternative solutions.

If you use Microsoft Office Outlook to view Hotmail, you can download free Office Outlook Connector to continue accessing your Windows Live Hotmail within Outlook 2003 or 2007. If you're using Outlook 2002, you will need to change the settings on your program to access your Hotmail. Click here to learn more.

If you use Outlook Express to view Hotmail, you can choose to download free Windows Live Mail (recommended) or change the settings on your program to access your Hotmail within Outlook Express. Click here to learn more about your options.

If you use Entourage to view Hotmail, you can change the settings in your program to view your e-mail. Click here to learn more.

Don't know what you're using to view Hotmail? Have more questions? View the FAQ page or visit the Community Forum.

Why is this happening? Outlook, Outlook Express, and Entourage use a legacy communications method (known as the DAV protocol) to access Hotmail. Because the DAV protocol is not optimally suited for programs to access large inboxes such as Hotmail which now provides users ever-growing storage*, new alternatives have been built. Last year, customers asked us to postpone plans to retire the DAV protocol until more options were available. Now that these options (including the POP3 protocol) are available, we are ready to retire the DAV protocol.

Thank you for using Windows Live Hotmail.

Sincerely,

Your Windows Live Hotmail Team

*Assumes a reasonable growth rate.

Microsoft respects your privacy. To learn more, please read our online Privacy Statement.

Microsoft Corporation

One Microsoft Way

Redmond, WA 98052

[/quote]

Total bullshit, they are forcing people to switch to good for nothing "WindowsLive Mail manager" which is nothing in fact but a stripped and skinned down version of little old Outlook Express that came with Windows until Windows XP.

Try Windows Live you will straightaway feel like ditching it. Try to swtich to Microsoft Outlook 2003/2007 - I am sure it should work unless these Micro$osft people are really up to not giving access to any mail client than Windows Live then my only advice would be to swtich to Gmail and say good bye to Hotmail.

i am using windows live mail since long and its a good software...

Total bullshit, they are forcing people to switch to good for nothing “WindowsLive Mail manager” which is nothing in fact but a stripped and skinned down version of little old Outlook Express that came with Windows until Windows XP.

Try Windows Live you will straightaway feel like ditching it. Try to swtich to Microsoft Outlook 2003/2007 - I am sure it should work unless these Micro$osft people are really up to not giving access to any mail client than Windows Live then my only advice would be to swtich to Gmail and say good bye to Hotmail.

[/quote]

:confused:

was some thing wrong in that. ??? :confused:

I think they have given you much features now even if you are free user

they are forcing people to switch to good for nothing “WindowsLive Mail manager”
[/quote]

not really. they gave you the option if you want to use it or not…

and yes you can say it skinned version of Outlook Express but it’s not only skinned, it has other additions and changes too… any ways I am not going to give you the differences

and about your other misconception (or unknown to you) that they are not going to give access to any mail client. then do update it. they have already started giving POP3 access from any mail client to their free users which were able to use mentioned mail clients and also even to those who were not able to use Outllook 2002/2003/2007 and other mentioned mail clients with DAV protocol.

they also put the reason why they are going to obsolete the DAV protocol and that was, to me, to give access to their free users to use any mail client for their Windows Live Hotmail account…

and I personally appreciate it…

I download my hotmail mails in Thunderbird using POP3 protocol. It is working good.

^yes you can also use it now on any phone that supports POP3 Email Client

@Bellskar: if you are in love with Windowslive then I can't help it but yes it is the most crappy piece of code if you are a power user. For example, to quote a few things:

* Windows Live Mail does not offer custom smart folders

* You cannot organize your mail using labels or reply with templates

* Windows Live Mail can be a bit slow in parts, especially with IMAP accounts

I installed this software and got rid of it in 2 days.

^ hey hey... take it easy budy... :)

I just shared the information what I got Okkkk?? then afterwards I just revised the same more briefly, you still did't get it.

and what you quote are the things in a single option to choose while they are offering more others.

any ways If you dont like it then it really doesn't matter to me. and neither I'll want you to like it. that was just the information. okk??

^I was only giving my opinion bro, no hard feelings. cheers!

Look at the email address !! Its probably a fake mail.

"communications_msn_enus@microsoft.windowslive.com"

^^ Lmao. This is not an official Microsoft email.. You really think MS will have such a longgggg email address.

Look at the email address !! Its probably a fake mail.

"communications_msn_enus@microsoft.windowslive.com"

^^ Lmao. This is not an official Microsoft email… You really think MS will have such a longgggg email address.

[/quote]

It is long but not without logic. First, microsoft.windowslive.com is a subdomain of www.windowsllive.com which we know is a valid domain. Secondly, MSN_ENUS is basically MSN_ENglish_(of)US_standard.

So communication msn english US standard (as UK standard is a bit different) at sub domain of windowslive.com

Besides my explanation, if you want further assurance you may try:

http://www.rolosoft.com/software/email-check/wa/lite/validate.aspx

To test this email address as valid or invalid.

Hope it helps.

Thank god I am using Thunderbird portable!!

I get all my Windows Live Mail Ads (more like spam) from this email address

communications_msn_cs_enus@microsoft.windowslive.com

I think only Microsoft people can use xxxx@microsoft.windowslive.com

I think only Microsoft people can use xxxx@microsoft.windowslive.com
[/quote]

Noooo!!! I can send you the email from this email address. main thing to notice is the headers. do not look only the from email address, always verify the originating path/route and domain information from the email headers if you doubt any thing.

today’s almost all email services are providing this headers details even to free users.

any ways alamode I check always as I could at my best before posting. also HellBorne has briefed well the email parts very clearly to you.

^Oh yeah, I think you told me about that email from any email address thingy, I forgot about that. Anyways, it's still easy to know most spam e-mails. Usually they ask something stupid like send your email and password here to hack someone else's email(I got one like this, didn't respond) and they use weird email addresses too, but I guess those are just noobs.

Update

Received this email today from Windows Live Team:

We kid, we kid! But seriously, with the Microsoft® Office Outlook® Connector, you can download your Hotmail messages to Outlook—and access previously downloaded e-mails even when you're offline.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA102225181033.aspx

default.aspx?assetid=ZA102257041033