Imagine!

Yesterday i came back from islamabad after 4-5 days and i found my phone line is dead. I called 1218 they and complained about the situation they told me it will take like 24 hours and problem will be sorted. late in day i called the line man and he told me that there was an over head cable passing in my area which was stolen and almost 100 phone lines are effected and he is not sure when cable will be available. Imagine

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Yesterday i came back from islamabad after 4-5 days and i found my phone line is dead. I called 1218 they and complained about the situation they told me it will take like 24 hours and problem will be sorted. late in day i called the line man and he told me that there was an over head cable passing in my area which was stolen and almost 100 phone lines are effected and he is not sure when cable will be available. Imagine
[/quote]

OMG 100 lines are effected and its stolen :( yeah " i can imagine" how much time it will take now :S

OMG 100 lines are effected and its stolen :( yeah " i can imagine" how much time it will take now :S

[/quote]

Not long before thieves wake up and realize that stealing fibre optic cables are a lot more profitable to steal (although wonder who they’d sell to). Now imagine how many lines -THAT- would affect (I’d rather not imagine since fibre carries significantly higher peer bandwidth).

Months back same happened in my area too and it takes two months to recover these lines.

^^ Its true that any problem with OF cable will cause a lot more damage, it is of no commercial value for the thieves.

Fiber optic cable is a lot cheaper than copper cable. Copper cables are stolen for copper which sells for a lot more money.

once I had the same stiuation and it took a week -_- .. Stealing cables and copper wires are normal in Pakistan,sometimes people even steal the gutter top :|

once I had the same stiuation and it took a week -_- … Stealing cables and copper wires are normal in Pakistan,sometimes people even steal the gutter top :expressionless:
[/quote]

What about power lines? Do they get stolen as well?

I like how dramatic this thread's title is :D...

Imagine.... if you were already dead etc etc ;)

Imagine.... if you could...... IMAAAAAAAAAGINE! :-P

now imagine, that the line was stolen by the lineman himself, in broad daylight, and he will now put it back, and ask all those 100 line owners to give him a collective sum as he did them a big favour. imagine

(above is just an assumption and am in no way accusing the lineman for this) , imagine.

PTCL Cables ?? Well thieves stolen KESC cables in my area several times now tere is routins ghust of KESC employes as they always afraid of.

Sorry to day but we dont need to IMAGINE such things because we can see them commonly in Pakistan...