Imagine! 825Mbps DSL over copper!

Well nokia siemens gives us some hope. I wish Pakistan could have this tech.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
According to the company, the technology managed transmission bandwidth of 825 Mbps per second over 400 meters of copper wire, and sustained 750 Mbps over 500 meters of copper wire. The technology holds the promise of delivering broadband Internet to homes using existing copper wire infrastructure, rather than having to lay new fiber or cable-based connections.
[/quote]

link here

Nokia-Seimens Press Release

And guys have your comments on how can we play our role to motivate any company to adapt this tech in Pakistan.

Very good share. Thanks. Hopefully we can get better speeds in Pakistan as well at competitive rates.

Pakistan has loads of copper., and copper wire companies. I think we will see it in a few years. Foreign companies may use Pakistan a cheap place to test this tech just as they did with WIMAX

^Most of the third world countries have copper based communications.

its aw3esome man...and you know wat...if PTCL is serious in earning big bucks through quality they should deploy this solution without wasting a single sec. this is the only savior of PTCL at the moment..!

The phantom DSL technology is still only in the testing and demonstration phase; there's no products yet.

http://arstechnica.com/business/news/2010/10/new-tech-may-bring-near-gigabit-speeds-via-dsl-someday.ars

The phantom DSL technology is still only in the testing and demonstration phase; there’s no products yet.

http://arstechnica.com/business/news/2010/10/new-tech-may-bring-near-gigabit-speeds-via-dsl-someday.ars

[/quote]

They may develop the product with PTCL.

^Obviously it has a bright future in Pakistan.

They may develop the product with PTCL.

[/quote]

LOL! PTCL can’t deliver 1mbps reliably and you want it to provide 800Mbps connections?

Pakistan has loads of copper., and copper wire companies. I think we will see it in a few years. Foreign companies may use Pakistan a cheap place to test this tech just as they did with WIMAX
[/quote]

Pakistan is not a cheap palce :confused: … It’s just a coincidence that WIMAX came in pakistan early … maybe because we did not have any other way of internet except dial-up and local cable walas at that time, so network companies thought this wud be a good place for WIMAX.

any link on how this technology works....how is it able to deploy such high speeds over copper wire ?

LOL! PTCL can’t deliver 1mbps reliably and you want it to provide 800Mbps connections?

[/quote]

I want it to provide 1 MBps connetion using this new technology, atleast we will have 1Mbps stable.

^LOL ,stop dreaming guys :P

guys u know wat..PTCL desparately needs this device incontext to their falling profit and quality. their major network is of copper and tht is majorly damaged or rusted...now the lazy bums at their RnD department won't even get hold of this news in mere future...atleast there must be a way of getting them informed about this info...i believe if they get hold of this news they may deploy it soon regardless of its price.

@all this technology drops 75 mbps on 100m. ;)

@PTCL Sir Nokia Siemens has launched thier hiX 562x/3x DSLAM, so please replace your current DSLAM. You may google for their contact info.

A real question is when technology like this will reach consumers. Nokia Siemens says Phantom DSL will be included in their hiX 562x/3x DSLAM products; those are the devices used at phone company central offices and facilities to manage DSL lines. So unless telcos buy into the technology—and deploy it—there's nothing consumers can do.
[/quote]

ANd here is the official press release.

http://www.nokiasiemensnetworks.com/news-events/press-room/press-releases/nokia-siemens-networks-achieves-world-record-copper-dsl-speeds

^LOL ,stop dreaming guys :P
[/quote]

Atleast we have rights to dream! I thought you’d give some constructive thought on this as you’ve in various other threads.

We just want our stable MBs 1 or 4, the thing is that why suffer when we can have stable connectivity. 850mbps over 400m. And every 100m drops 75mbps.

According to this tech even a person 5km from exchange will still have alot more speed to spare than the maximum communication bandwitdh provided in pakistan that is 8mbps!

Note:Edited my first post.

i've got an idea.. why not we all e-mail about this info on bbsupportlhr@ptcl.net.pk

^ Are you talking about the wire from dp to house?

@Mazahyr

Thats good idea. I've already sent this suggestion on PTCL site. I'm serious about it. But whose e-mail address is that.

@Koder

No i was talking about exchange.

@Mazahyr

Thats good idea. I’ve already sent this suggestion on PTCL site. I’m serious about it. But whose e-mail address is that.

[/quote]

this is the main admin address for broadband i guess…any request is processed through this portal.!