If i install vista?

if i install vista over my xp then will my xp setting be transfered to vista like my users and programs etc...

I think they will

but vista is not recommended by me

highly recomonded by me.

but you musthav a good pc for that.

Not recommended by me. Why waste resources on useless unefficent programmes

i hav 2 gb of ram and a c2d @ 2.2+2.2

i was just trying to make sum change and try this new thing

but y do u people not recomend it..

I gues i need more replies..

there are not much applications available fir vista but whereas you can find any sort of application for xp and vista does not offer anything special expect for the 3d gui which are also available for xp also

^who said vista haven't got many applications? :/

have you ever tried vista?

if you have a good enough PC vista rocks

Vista's good but you need a good PC otherwise its just going to make your computer slow and in 1 week you'll be back on XP.. Happened with me.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^who said vista haven’t got many applications? :confused:

have you ever tried vista?

if you have a good enough PC vista rocks

[/quote]

I used vista and went back. xp allows me so much more I even design my task bar can you do that with vista

@ shoukat

bro instal vista if u really want it....i m usin vista 64bit on 1gb ram n core2 2.2ghz...n so far so good for...i feel it is way faster than xp

Vista got bad name in early days after its release because of unavailability of software, compatibility issue, ect., but now most of these issues have resolved and of course it's much better than XP (بد اچھا بدنام برا)

Be careful if you upgrade from XP though. A clean install (format, install from scratch) would be much better, if you can do that.

@ ShoukaT

If you have an open mind and welcome changes then I shall highly recommend you Windows Vista 64-bit, as your computer specs will allow you to take full advantage of it. For 64-bit, if you can then increase your computer's RAM to at least 4GB.

Many people are afraid of change. It's not new. I remember, when people were saying same things to previous version of Windows.

* Windows 98 (upgrading from Windows 95); People used to say that it's same, nothing is new. Because at first glance it was almost same. Eventually, it almost replaces Windows 95.

* Windows 98 SE. People used to say this is just a trick by Microsoft to sell more copies of Windows 98. Eventually, everybody was recommending to use Windows 98 SE rather than Windows 98.

* Windows 2000. People were angry with Microsoft because it changed many things of their beloved Windows NT 4.

* Windows XP. Oh so notorious. If you read articles and reviews of Windows XP when Windows XP was released. Everybody was cursing Microsoft for ruining Windows NT by bloating it with crippled Windows ME code (from looks to System Restore). Everybody was saying Windows 98 SE is for games. People predicted that no gamer will upgrade to Windows XP because it can't play games. But in the end everyone proven wrong and people adopted to Windows XP.

* Windows Vista. Same as previous Windows, people are scared from change. It's natural for human beings to be scare of change. But according to year old surveys more than 30+% users of Windows have or going to upgrade to Windows Vista.

If you plan to use to Windows Vista. I shall highly recommend you to have a clean install, meaning; format and install. Save all of your current data to some other partition, or harddisk or Flash disk (USB). Gather (download) all drivers (especially display and audio) for Vista before installing it.

Remember, to give yourself some time to adjust yourself to change. Use it at least for one to two months before thinking to back to Windows XP. I know from my own experience and by observing other people that when people get used to of easiness of Vista (within a month or two), most of people don't go back to XP.

Update us with your eXPerience of colors of Vista. ;)

-----

Not a RANT. Shove it!

@shoukat

man dnt worry abt the ram u hav 2gb dats enough for smooth performance.....i m running it on 1gb :lol:

Thanks man very much for your time and advice

u realy opened my mind and now i shal try vista

i hav 2 hards 1st contains my present vindows and my other imp. Files and programs

2nd i use as a data traveler and it contains games or prison break

i am gona instal new vista on 2nd 1 so tht if i like it i ll keep it otherwise wohi phati purani xp...

And man i cant increase my ram anymore due to sum reasons but i hav also heard abt people runing vista on 1gb..

Yar Wil my c2d suport vista 64 bit?

And man are these core 2 duo procesors 64 bit?

i m actualy not sure abt it so kindly explain it..

And how much disk space doz vista needs xactly? so tht i ll fre tht much space in tht hard drive...

And my all hardwares hav "certified for vista" seals so no drivers problem...

And what is diference in 32bit and 64bit versions...

Again man thanks for ur time.. Now if u clear me these things i m going to say the same thing as obama

and work on "CHANGE I NEED" and buy a vista64 dvd

vista rocks

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Thanks man very much for your time and advice

u realy opened my mind and now i shal try vista

i hav 2 hards 1st contains my present vindows and my other imp. Files and programs

2nd i use as a data traveler and it contains games or prison break

i am gona instal new vista on 2nd 1 so tht if i like it i ll keep it otherwise wohi phati purani xp…

And man i cant increase my ram anymore due to sum reasons but i hav also heard abt people runing vista on 1gb…

Yar Wil my c2d suport vista 64 bit?

And man are these core 2 duo procesors 64 bit?

i m actualy not sure abt it so kindly explain it…

And how much disk space doz vista needs xactly? so tht i ll fre tht much space in tht hard drive…

And my all hardwares hav “certified for vista” seals so no drivers problem…

And what is diference in 32bit and 64bit versions…

Again man thanks for ur time… Now if u clear me these things i m going to say the same thing as obama

and work on “CHANGE I NEED” and buy a vista64 dvd

[/quote]

i told u man i m running vista 64bit on c2d 2.2ghz e4500 and 1gb of ram…so far so good for me…no problems yet…n yes c2d are 64bit processors…while it tooks a lot of hd space man…mine took 21gb only installation…if u install other softwares like office, messengers, utilities u need much more space…vista also download updates n regular backups so it easily goes over 30gb space…mine c: drive total capacity is 58gb…n 34gb is consumed by vista…no extra softwares no MS office…just messengers, antivirus, windows updates

wooh!!

Thts too much of space... And after posting i googled and found tht c2d is 64 bit n now i hav bought the vista ultimate 64bit

i hav total of 32gb space in my other hard... I gues i ll b able to instal vista on it..

^^

the actual windows folder of vista consume around 7.x GB and the other stuff like hiberfile and page file take around 4 GB so so u can run vista without a hitch on ur 32 GB partition