If i change the user/pass

Helo

If i change the user/pass in the router setting.and put some one others pasword which is of 4 MB? is it able that my bill still charges 1 mb to me?

also tell me how i can change the user/pass if it is really possilbe

you wont be able to login with someone else's password if its on 4MB.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Helo

If i change the user/pass in the router setting.and put some one others pasword which is of 4 MB? is it able that my bill still charges 1 mb to me?

[/quote]

yopu can use passwd of others with replacement of your but you wont get speed of 4mb , fiorst tell me what is status in your modem at the oment i mean you are on 1Mb, 2Mb or 4 ??

i tried that n tried to login with my cuzns user n pass n i was able to connect only when his router or user/pass was not in use.......buhh it doesnt change ur bandwidth/ change in bill.....you can request for change in your broadband passwd by calling 1236

i am on 1 mb and want to increase my speed free of cost :P

and also tell me how i can use other user/pas i mean where to write the new user pass?

i am on 1 mb and want to increase my speed free of cost :P
[/quote]

well you can only use your freinds / cuzon paswd when his modem is off or net not in use , 2ndly you are on 1 mb either you use your firnd login passwd who have 4mb you will not get more then 1 mb but you will be authnticated :) i mean you can net using his login passwd but sorry bro only 1mb speed :)

and also tell me how i can use other user/pas i mean where to write the new user pass?
[/quote]

in modem console where you have your conection you will replace your username passwd with your friends or you can delte the old connection and make new

Helo

[/quote]

You will not get speed increase. Your speed is configured by a card on your line. It is actually linked to your DSL phone line number. Login ID and password is just a extra precaution, to prevent someone tapping your line and using DSL for free. Even if you add someone else’s user name and password your speed will remain same.

When i had linkdotnet, I used to dc people and use there CIR accounts and I used to get the max speed i.e. the speed on which DSL has synced

but in PTCL i dont think that this thing works, I get 4mbps speed, and I gave my user password to a friend whoz line is patched at 4096/1024-DS/US, as he is on Smart TV. but still he dint get 4mbps speed...donno why

When i had linkdotnet, I used to dc people and use there CIR accounts and I used to get the max speed i.e. the speed on which DSL has synced

but in PTCL i dont think that this thing works, I get 4mbps speed, and I gave my user password to a friend whoz line is patched at 4096/1024-DS/US, as he is on Smart TV. but still he dint get 4mbps speed…donno why

[/quote]

hemm this is interesting … if his line synced at 4mb and he is using 4mb account then he should get 4mb speed. :S

hemm this is interesting … if his line synced at 4mb and he is using 4mb account then he should get 4mb speed. :S

[/quote]

Nope, his DSL speed is based on the speed patched to his phone line. Smart TV is also patched to his phone line and the modem is just showing the smart tv patched rate. He will still be limited to his DSL patched speed for DSl.

Now if someone uses his username and password, that someone will only get the DSL speed patched on their line, regardless of the username used.

^^ dude you are a bit confused, probably you are trying to say internet speed

both Smart TV and Internet, are two separate PPPoE connections that share the same DSL...

now may be what you are trying to say is that, there is some kind of limit of speed for each PPPoE connection

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

actually now ive got the point, the DSL package I have is 1mbps one, therefore it dint make a difference when I gave him my account.

though there is some kind of bug at backend, or may be cuz its a shared connection(PTCL provides shared connection to home users) I always get 4mbps, regardless of whichever account I use :D

^^ dude you are a bit confused, probably you are trying to say internet speed

both Smart TV and Internet, are two separate PPPoE connections that share the same DSL…

now may be what you are trying to say is that, there is some kind of limit of speed for each PPPoE connection

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

actually now ive got the point, the DSL package I have is 1mbps one, therefore it dint make a difference when I gave him my account.

though there is some kind of bug at backend, or may be cuz its a shared connection(PTCL provides shared connection to home users) I always get 4mbps, regardless of whichever account I use :D

[/quote]

Yes… what I was trying to say was that you can get only that speed which is patched at your DSL line. It does not depend on your username and password nor does it depend on what downstream/upstream rate is being shown in your modem stat page.

If you are getting 4 mb on a 1mb package, then by mistake your line has been patched to 4 mb. Consider yourself lucky.

And if you give your username and password to somebody, they will still get only that speed which is patched to their line. I hope you understand what I said.

yeh,... but if i get deal with my phone lineman. will he able to give me 4 mb speed while i still recieve bill of 1 mb?

no he cant do that! only the DSL technicial can do that whose job is to setup/change/upgrade DSL ports!!

u will get loggd in but u wont get 4mbps bcz ur line bandwidth frm the ptcl exchng is set on 1mb or wth ever

you people need to know that people using smart tv have their lines patched to 4mbps, even if they have 1mbps internet connection

so changing accounts help them

you people need to know that people using smart tv have their lines patched to 4mbps, even if they have 1mbps internet connection

so changing accounts help them

[/quote]

oh iz he usin smart tv??

then it might work

thinking negative

ahaan

no dude

u will never every use any other's username password

coz ur phone number is constant it checks ur phone line too while authentication.