I want to over clock my cpu.. guide me

guys i have e4500 which is core 2 duo @ 2.2&2.2Ghz

i have mobo asus p5gc-mx which allows over clocking

but i wana get some help

i go in the bios and configure jumper free configuration to 200mhz but still no change

i check the clock of my cpu with some software it still says 2200mhz

i guess i need some software

i used speed fan but it doesn't have my mother board in list..

@shoukat

i hav same processor n i can overclock it to 2.42ghz through bios.....i just change the cpu frequency frm 200 to 220mhz......i cant overclock more coz my board is not gud for overclocking

Yar i have the same processor on asus p5kpl-vm mobo. And i've overclocked it to 2.8 very very easily at stock voltage and stock cooling and temps are great too.

@Shoukat: 200Mhz fsb is default for e4500. Mine is overcloked to 255Mhz u try to increase it in 10Mhz increments. See where u can reach. But don't forget to lock the pci-e to 100Mhz.

i have done it

actually i was not disableing the cpu clock spectrum

now i did n it worked

due to my crapy power suppply i was only able to clock to 2420mhz

but soon i m gona get a new psu then i ll clockk it to much more

and i didnt clock pci-e

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

guys i have e4500 which is core 2 duo @ 2.2&2.2Ghz

i have mobo asus p5gc-mx which allows over clocking

but i wana get some help

i go in the bios and configure jumper free configuration to 200mhz but still no change

i check the clock of my cpu with some software it still says 2200mhz

i guess i need some software

i used speed fan but it doesn’t have my mother board in list…

[/quote]

Most suitable way for u to overclock the processor is download ASUS own overclocking utility for your Motherboard model. U can download it by going to Asus website, support/drivers and locate softwares for your motherboard…Make sure your Power supply is good enough to handle the variation in load as overclocking doesnt come under warranty lol :)

i too had a chinese 280w powersupply earlier and i had my e4500 ocled to 2.8 then i also thought that it might be due to local powersupply that i can't beyond 2.8 and i got CM430w and still i'm on 2.8GHz.

In my case the problem is my motherboard which isn't allowing me to overclock higher than 2.8. And core2duo's consume much less power. The power supply which is able to run pentium 4 prescott processor can easily run core2duo.

@shoukat....yes dont change the psu only for overclocking.......it has nothing to do with overclocking......i can oc my processor at 2.42ghz wid chinese psu......i put my friends coolermaster 460 watt psu for testing purpose and result was same again max i got was 2.42ghz.....so there is no link b/w psu and overclocking..make sure whether ur board is overclocking freindly or not

@shoukat…yes dont change the psu only for overclocking…it has nothing to do with overclocking…i can oc my processor at 2.42ghz wid chinese psu…i put my friends coolermaster 460 watt psu for testing purpose and result was same again max i got was 2.42ghz…so there is no link b/w psu and overclocking…make sure whether ur board is overclocking freindly or not
[/quote]

Link between PSU and overclocking is present in a way which u r probably not seeing or known to you.

Basically what is overclocking? giving more voltage to the Processor which increases its multiplier for FSB and this the core clock. Voltage depends upon? Constant flow of electricity.

Saying that I placed 460Watt PSU in computer for testing and it showed no effect is actually not a technical line to say about overclocking. IF your motherboard isnt able to overclock beyond a certain limit, then even if u connect your PC directly to WAPDA and overclock, still results will remain same… :)

Purpose of PSU is to maintain constant supply, either its American or Chinese. WHen your oc anything either its graphics card, RAM or CPU, each one will demand more power and for this pupose u need a bigger power supply which can not only maintain OC rate but also ensure flawless power to hardisks and other components.

and for matter of general knowledge, putting a 800W or more power supply willnt increase your Bill either because if a PC needs 400W current, it will get 400W only out of 800W.

Thats why , I suggested him to use Motherboard RELATED overclocking tool and keep the power at constant rate IF he has low capacity power supply.Make sure to notice in my 1st post, I said to Maintain the Varaiation in Load, a handful amount of Watts are needed, NOT for overclocking

ok i am not just buy new psu for ovrclocking cuz i also need a new psu badly for my pci xpress card....

it shuts down pc when heavy load is given to it due to low psu.......

ok i am not just buy new psu for ovrclocking cuz i also need a new psu badly for my pci xpress card…

it shuts down pc when heavy load is given to it due to low psu…

[/quote]

well there u go, Heavy load is shutting down your PC and reason is low power PSU. Put in minimum 650W PSU in order to keep system running OC cpu and rest of devices in steady State without thinking this new PSU Is the mother to bring the Extreme Overclocking lolz

how to find if one's Motherboard and CPU support overclocking?

My CPU ————— Pentium 4 511 2.8 GHz

& Motherboard — D101GGC

@Zammy: Don't u think 650w powersupply is too much where a simple 460w would do.

@Zammy: Don’t u think 650w powersupply is too much where a simple 460w would do.
[/quote]

Read my Post No.8 and u would get the idea why Ive said this. It willnot increase your electricity Bill. 650W for the reason that IF a person has like 2 hardisks running constantly, and a DVD RW and additional sound card ( for example Creative ) plus Hi Fi PCI express Graphics Card, couple of cooler fans and most of all If any component is gonna be overclocked in the future. Its good to be on safer side :)

How much will a 650W PSU cost approximatly?

CM650 real power pro for Rs.8600 go and buy that

Read my Post No.8 and u would get the idea why Ive said this. It willnot increase your electricity Bill. 650W for the reason that IF a person has like 2 hardisks running constantly, and a DVD RW and additional sound card ( for example Creative ) plus Hi Fi PCI express Graphics Card, couple of cooler fans and most of all If any component is gonna be overclocked in the future. Its good to be on safer side :)

[/quote]

but it wil increase poverty :lol:…460watt costing 3800rs…

650watt costing 8600rs :)

but it wil increase poverty :lol:…460watt costing 3800rs…

650watt costing 8600rs :)

[/quote]

hahaha, what about 500W ? :)

^poverty reduced....still 700rs difference :lol:

actually it says low voltage some thing like this and gives error when i overclock more than 2420mhz

U better chek whether or not your mobo has support and i mean gud support for overclocking. Coz the voltage message might be due to low vcore not becoz of powersupply.