I want to learn swimming, from where?

i want to learn swimming , please let me know which the best place to learn from , i m based in karachi.

just go to the beach and have some fun time. you will learn swimming with the passage of time.

btw its my first post with google chrome. a refreshing beginning for a solid browser.

^ Thats the worst advice I've ever heard being given. Nadeem consider joining one of the many clubs where they have swimming pools and instructors. If maybe you can tell us how much you're willing to spend, people could give you better advice?

I was a vice captain swimmer with karachi university and sindh board swimming team. I have represented Sindh in under 18 and 19 swimming meets and also swam for universities in USA as well, which i attended...iam based in karachi

i can teach you all about swimming but the problem is a pool,,are u a member of any clubs (i am of several..the problem is i cannot bring in guests in those pools)...(how much are u willing to spend)

:) swimming in the sea is a totally different thing and i strongly recommend against it, although basics are the same but a beginner should never be taught in the sea due to various reasons...u need to be taught swimming in a pool...

let me know what u decide

@tweety

why do u want to learn swimming?

are you afraid of getting drowned?

billions of people in this world don't know swimming and they never get drowned.

on a similar note, if i want to learn swimming from an instructor. How long could it possible take me to swim/float on the water?

0 seconds to simply float.

probably

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I was a vice captain swimmer with karachi university and sindh board swimming team. I have represented Sindh in under 18 and 19 swimming meets and also swam for universities in USA as well, which i attended…iam based in karachi

i can teach you all about swimming but the problem is a pool,are u a member of any clubs (i am of several…the problem is i cannot bring in guests in those pools)…(how much are u willing to spend)

:) swimming in the sea is a totally different thing and i strongly recommend against it, although basics are the same but a beginner should never be taught in the sea due to various reasons…u need to be taught swimming in a pool…

let me know what u decide

[/quote]

@jack, can you list a few good clubs and their fee structure.

0 seconds to simply float.

probably

[/quote]

then how come people drown??

^ coz the key to floatin is bein relaxed most ppl who drown think that movin their hands and legs randomly keeps them atop the water when it doesnt and therefore they drown

executionist>>

on a similar note, if i want to learn swimming from an instructor. How long could it possible take me to swim/float on the water?

the human body is 6 times lighter when emersed in water, so all u have to do is relax and tilt body backwards,and thats it and just lightly paddle arams and legs

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

BandwidthHungry>>please go to snobkarachi.com website for good clubs,,

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

swimming is best exercise you can have, the body being lighter in water it is easy to exercise.. :)

army and navy swimmers are the best in pakistan but not upto olympic standards...only good for saf asian games...i was taught by an army swimmer who represented pakistan in saf games, so he knew what he was teaching

army and navy swimmers are the best in pakistan but not upto olympic standards…only good for saf asian games…i was taught by an army swimmer who represented pakistan in saf games, so he knew what he was teaching
[/quote]

contact Micheal Phelps :P

thanks @jack for the link, I was more interested to know about which clubs are better than others based on personal experience otherwise every other claims to be the best.

SaadIbrahim>> :) .....

BandwidthHungry>>sindh club is the most exclusive and oldest club..in karachi at least,,filled with with old rich families...membership closed

karachi gymkhana..facilities wise is one of best one.. also more then 100 years old,,started in 1887 by an english man,,filled with well to do middle class and upper class families...membership closed except in certain circumstances

karachi club..facility wise has gotten better..filled with bohri's and memons...is also nice now

and so..

SaadIbrahim>> :)

BandwidthHungry>>sindh club is the most exclusive and oldest club…in karachi at least,filled with with old rich families…membership closed

karachi gymkhana…facilities wise is one of best one… also more then 100 years old,started in 1887 by an english man,filled with well to do middle class and upper class families…membership closed except in certain circumstances

karachi club…facility wise has gotten better…filled with bohri’s and memons…is also nice now

and so…

[/quote]

Thanks @Jack, yeah this is what I wanted to hear.

Any one has any info on Sunset Club , in DHA phase 2 ? If they have swimming facility and any other info about it , membership etc ? . Or if one can recommend any swimming facility around/near DHA phase 2 extension Karachi, I am relatively new to Karachi so any recommendation is appreciated.

Karachi club is the one next to CM house and Sheraton ? , if any one has any first hand info on this , like fee , getting memebership etc , then please share.

I would recommend Aga Khan Hospital Health Club's Swimming Pool. Its the best in town and is easly comparable to any international stanrdard pool. It is very nicely maintained, however, very very expensive for non members.

There is good swiming club nar neti jeti pull, I have been swiming there. Very affordable infact cheapest in town and trainers are from army navy as It is run by PN.

Thanks for the info guys , trying to do some jugaar in DHA club , lets see.