I want to get a foreign mba degree while staying in pakistan

iam interested in getting a foreign mba degree while staying in pakistan>>anybody doing this>has done this>>what about fees per semester>>any suggestions

Order degree online :D.You can even verify them :DI am just kidding as these type of degrees are suitable for politicians only :P

You could try an online degree. Plenty of websites, check them out for tuition etc. And also a word of caution. MBA are comparatively easy. And some companies here in Canada at least DON'T like to hire people with MBA's because they think its a waste of time. So make sure you know WHY you want an MBA and if its worth it. Don't do an MBA for the sake of doing an MBA! :)

People in Pakistan trump MBA's and Degrees around as if they are badges on a General's chest. There are thousands of kids, grown men and women in Pakistan with useless MBA degrees. They add absolutely no value to your earning potential; one of my organizations employs at least 100 such MBA's, and they do little than offer technical support to our field staff. What a ridiculous waste of time and money.

A better idea is to get work experience in diverse, professional and progressive organizations and work your way up.

I hate MBA's myself.

Raza

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

MBA are comparatively easy. And some companies here in Canada at least DON’T like to hire people with MBA’s because they think its a waste of time. So make sure you know WHY you want an MBA and if its worth it. Don’t do an MBA for the sake of doing an MBA! :)
[/quote][quote=", post:, topic:"]
People in Pakistan trump MBA’s and Degrees around as if they are badges on a General’s chest. There are thousands of kids, grown men and women in Pakistan with useless MBA degrees. They add absolutely no value to your earning potential; one of my organizations employs at least 100 such MBA’s, and they do little than offer technical support to our field staff. What a ridiculous waste of time and money.

A better idea is to get work experience in diverse, professional and progressive organizations and work your way up.

I hate MBA’s myself.

Raza

[/quote]

I second that.

iam interested in getting a foreign mba degree while staying in pakistan>>anybody doing this>has done this>>what about fees per semester>>any suggestions
[/quote]

Distance learning is tough because there are too many scammers. If you are to pursue a degree from a US based distance learning institution, make sure they’re accredited by CHEA for both of their on-campus and distance learning courses. State accredition means nothing!

MBA does adds value if it’s relevant. Think about if. If your current experience is in the business nature, whether in a job or a self-employment, it will definitely add value and knowledge. And then again, there are majors such as MBA-IT. Thus, analyze it carefully, i.e. whether or not you should pursue an MBA degree of a certain major.

A MBA adds no value whatsoever in Pakistan, unless it comes from the two or three respected universities here. To put it in perspective, I have a relative, who just completed not one, but two MBA's simultaneously at CBM here in Karachi. During the two years, he has worked full time at one off our organizations and attended at best, no more than a few hours a week. Yet, some how he passed with flying colors, because he basically read the textbook before the exams, paid off a few teachers and copied of his friends.

Ask him why he got an MBA? He says "because everyone has one, and its basically like a rubber-stamp you need before they hand you any job with any real responsibilities" and that it is something that parents of prospective wives "look for."

What a joke.

A MBA adds no value whatsoever in Pakistan, unless it comes from the two or three respected universities here. To put it in perspective, I have a relative, who just completed not one, but two MBA’s simultaneously at CBM here in Karachi. During the two years, he has worked full time at one off our organizations and attended at best, no more than a few hours a week. Yet, some how he passed with flying colors, because he basically read the textbook before the exams, paid off a few teachers and copied of his friends.

Ask him why he got an MBA? He says “because everyone has one, and its basically like a rubber-stamp you need before they hand you any job with any real responsibilities” and that it is something that parents of prospective wives “look for.”

What a joke.

[/quote]

That’s true. I have heard similar stories. And once, when a student was asked why he wants to study for BBA, his answer was “shaadi keliye”. :lol: However, a true MBA of a specific major doesn’t have to resemble them. I don’t have a vast personal experience, but I do have few indirect experiences where acquaintances were helped by pursuing the MBA course with a specific specialization, such as one who got a managerial job in a large supermarkets chain in their retail selection (in Oman) after completing MBA FMCG course and holding relevant experience.

Order degree online :D.You can even verify them :DI am just kidding as these type of degrees are suitable for politicians only :P
[/quote]

No, you can earn free degress , might pay a fee for certificate.