I want to connect zong unlimited gprs to my pc

hello all i need settings for making a dial up gprs connection for zong on my pc .plz post username ,password ,access number and extra initialization commans thank you

hi,guys.

can anyone tel me how i can use free gprs and sms.in zong

@catsaad

I believe the zong helpline would push the gprs settings to ur cell. then u can just dial *99# from ur PC to connect to the internet. no need for ny username etc

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

@catsaad

I believe the zong helpline would push the gprs settings to ur cell. then u can just dial *99# from ur PC to connect to the internet. no need for ny username etc

[/quote]

u still need the user name/pass coz when usin GPRS on the computer ur phone acts as a modem and the settings have to be given to it

Dude first u need to connect ur mobile to ur PC as a modem.... than u have to make a dial up like connection on ur PC.... call 310 (zong help line) and ask tham to send you the settings for that dial up connection..... once u receive the setting.... put them in accordingly.

IF GOD willing.... you will have ur zong unlimited GPRS on ur PC.

A word of advice: you better use dial up internet instead of this BS IF you can. :D

I use telenor edge on samsung d900i. I do not provide any username/passord on my PC, it is already confiured on the phone. i just dial out to *99# without any username password thru my dialup connection (phone modem) and it works

I use telenor edge on samsung d900i. I do not provide any username/passord on my PC, it is already confiured on the phone. i just dial out to *99# without any username password thru my dialup connection (phone modem) and it works
[/quote]

well i dont know about windows but in linux i have to put the password and the dialin number is the same as u mention

Connecting PC via gprs might need some extra setting in modem so better get help from zong.

I was using mobilink unlimited gprs (bad gprs). First you need to get gprs settings from zong to activate gprs on your mobile. You need to connect your mobile to PC, for this you may use bluetooth or cable. If you using nokia than it is very easy, simply install lates nokia pc suite and connect your mobile to nokia pc suite. You will find a connect internet option, just click to that option and you will be connected. You also need to get information of extra settings in windows modem setting. You might need username and password but dialing number *99#. Dial and enjoy gprs on your PC.

GPRS is good to have as the backup connection in case your dialup fails, but stay away from GPRS if you want to use it as your main connection. It's simply not worth it what with its high latency and sucky browsing speed in general.

maybe thats some software issue, or maybe a feature of my phone. u shud also try conecting without providing username/password. what phone u have?
[/quote]

i have a d500 and when i connect it to my computer it basically becomes a modem i have to tell it every setting even the APN even though it is already saved in it

if i dont give the user name/pass cant connect i get an authentication failed maybe its just my phone

Connect your phone with pc go to window control panel and make a internet connection . Choose your mobile as modem . Write your dialing no as **99***1# and user name and password fields should be left blanked and click finish

I have recently activated unlimited GPRS package of zong and connected it to my pc but speed is not that impressive. I m getting max speed of 6.6KB per sec with too much variation from 3KB to 6KB per second. I have SE K510i. It has Class 10 GPRS. So what speed should i get? Any ideas?

I have recently activated unlimited GPRS package of zong and connected it to my pc but speed is not that impressive. I m getting max speed of 6.6KB per sec with too much variation from 3KB to 6KB per second. I have SE K510i. It has Class 10 GPRS. So what speed should i get? Any ideas?
[/quote]

the speed u r gettin is very good for GPRS

yeah bcoz SE K510 doesnot have EDGE so if u have a EDGE enabled fone than u might get the speed above 15 KB/sec

You need to have the username...password and dial up no. from the zong helpline....and to setup the connection you need to have a PC suite of your respective handset

yeah bcoz SE K510 doesnot have EDGE so if u have a EDGE enabled fone than u might get the speed above 15 KB/sec
[/quote]

really 15KB speed of zone edge?

does zong has the EDGE ?

yeah zong also has EDGE in major cities almost fully covered.

mfa6464 i even seen the speed of zong at 22KB/sec constant but in night times. they really have a very good network.

yes!