I want to charge my car battery at home

i want to recharge my car battery at home ,, what will need for this,, how do i do it..

do i have to purchase a battery charger(is there a jugar)

my car is a mehran by the way

(the battery is new but due to laziness i did not start my car for 2 months and now when i turn my key in the car,,nothing happens)

you will need a car charger - it is no brainer dude

how much will it cost me,,what company is good, where do i get it in karachi cheaply, how much time will the battery take to recharge...

do u have a UPS ? if u have then u can charge through UPS.

i dont have a ups sam33r

Well U need A Big , Really Big Charger / Transformer

usually normal car battriy is AH20Hr. is around 45-50 ,

i think you need to spend atleast 2000 for its charger ,

btw

My UPS was Burn when i tried to charge my Motorcycle battery ,

Dont Know hat happed i i will charge Car Battery

did you try dhaka start in second gear? if you get it started and take a round in your car it will get charged again because of the dynamo

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i want to recharge my car battery at home , what will need for this, how do i do it…

do i have to purchase a battery charger(is there a jugar)

my car is a mehran by the way

(the battery is new but due to laziness i did not start my car for 2 months and now when i turn my key in the car,nothing happens)

[/quote]

You need to have UPS or charger to do that. “Dhaka start” may not work either because the battery is totally dead. It only works in condition where battery is weak i.e. it has electricity but not enough to start the car.

Why don’t you take it to battery shop, it will just cost 50-60 rupees and you will get your battery after 24 hours.

Why don’t you take it to battery shop, it will just cost 50-60 rupees and you will get your battery after 24 hours.
[/quote]

+1 thats the best option!

But if u have a generator then u can use it, I use to charge my car + other generators battery with my old kick start generator :P

You need to have UPS or charger to do that. “Dhaka start” may not work either because the battery is totally dead. It only works in condition where battery is weak i.e. it has electricity but not enough to start the car.

[/quote]

:D i was just telling him to try and it would also burn few calories of people around him :P

btw you can goto the car battery dealer and tell him to send the guy over with an extra battery he will start the car for you and then you can take that battery to his workshop and he will charge it for you

do ask him if it can run without charging

and dont forget to sign on the battery when you give it for charging :P

did you try dhaka start in second gear? if you get it started and take a round in your car it will get charged again because of the dynamo
[/quote]

Works pretty well me and a lot of other people. But I use my car pretty often so I’ve never felt the need!!

Today i charged my Car Battery through my UPS :)

Hi

Though this reply is not so timely.... but I think it is good to post information that other may find useful.

Well, the Batteries we use in Cars are referred to as Lead Acid Batteries and in order charge you only need a a very simple DC Voltage Source (called Step Down Transformer + Rectifier) or Charges as it is normally called.

Please note that to charges a 12V Dc (Car battery) you need a charger which could deliver 13.8 ~ 14.5 Volts DC (max.) and 10 ~ 15 Ampere current.

There are few shops in Karachi (Garden East Area) where battery Charges are Available and it is really very interesting that price are not fixed. Usually they sell small battery charges for Rs. 4000 ~ 8000.

Anyone can save upto Rs.2000,if you play smart DIY (Do it Yourself) for ask someone any Electronic Technician (in the Corporative Market Area) to make one for you.

Normally 800cc to 1300cc cars have 40Ah to 65Ah batteries and these batteries could easily be charged in 10 ~ 14 hours (slow charge is better)

Please feel free to ask question, i would love to answer.

Hi

Usually they sell small battery charges for Rs. 4000 ~ 8000.

[/quote]

Usually they sell small battery chargers for Rs. 4000 ~ 8000.

Usually they sell small battery chargers for Rs. 4000 ~ 8000.

[/quote]

:D

???