I want to buy a new tv tuner, please suggest

So i am finally in the market for a tv tuner but i am confused>>should i go for internal or external>>i have looked on galaxy websites but it carries a lot of software tv tuners>>any suggestions welcome>>

i have bought a pixelview play tv pro 3 so far its working great

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

So i am finally in the market for a tv tuner but i am confused>>should i go for internal or external>>i have looked on galaxy websites but it carries a lot of software tv tuners>>any suggestions welcome>>
[/quote]

so you write these posts from the market?

how?

"So i am finally in the market for"... he meant that now he wants to buy a tv tuner card although u can post stuff from your mobile device but that a separate topic altogether , one simply can't post questions when he is out in the market to buy something and wait for an answer :P

cost of the pixelview please?

“So i am finally in the market for”… he meant that now he wants to buy a tv tuner card although u can post stuff from your mobile device but that a separate topic altogether , one simply can’t post questions when he is out in the market to buy something and wait for an answer :P
[/quote]

lolz i was being sarcastic

he has a habit of writing it like this :P

i have bought a pixelview play tv pro 3 so far its working great
[/quote]

Jack, could you post a screenshot or clip (preferably both) of how TV looks with this card? And how much was it?

MamboNo5>>cost is 1500 rs

SaadIbrahim>>:)

here is the card

http://webbuilder2.asiannet.com/1470/style/content/CN-08-2cp2/product.asp?lang=2&customer_id=1470&name_id=36165&rid=17006

i had a playpro pixelview 1 card before but it was 5 years old and its bt878p+ drivers were very bad>>had to do a juggar to get it working on my xp system and its capturing in divx and mpeg 1 was very bad and as well. its other problems were no vista support and no channel saving. Anyways i sold it for 550 rs, put the money in and got this>>it also composite in so i could hook up my reciever and watch satelite channels as well flawlessly..

Now with this card which supports divx,mpeg1,2 and wma wav audio is flawless>>the software itself is ok and clutter free. This card is based on the powerful SAA713x philips chipset and best of all the drivers uploaded flawlessly on windows xp (havent tried it on vista though)..the picture is clear (wish it was a little bit more sharp) but after tinkering with it i will probably figure it out>>now i believe i can make a good pvr system with this card,recording and archiving tv>>be warned though this needs a bit of good system to make it work>>i have a dual core processor with 1 gb ram ...

wzub>>i will see what i can do

MamboNo5>>cost is 1500 rs

SaadIbrahim>>:)

here is the card

http://webbuilder2.asiannet.com/1470/style/content/CN-08-2cp2/product.asp?lang=2&customer_id=1470&name_id=36165&rid=17006

i had a playpro pixelview 1 card before but it was 5 years old and its bt878p+ drivers were very bad>>had to do a juggar to get it working on my xp system and its capturing in divx and mpeg 1 was very bad and as well. its other problems were no vista support and no channel saving. Anyways i sold it for 550 rs, put the money in and got this>>it also composite in so i could hook up my reciever and watch satelite channels as well flawlessly…

Now with this card which supports divx,mpeg1,2 and wma wav audio is flawless>>the software itself is ok and clutter free. This card is based on the powerful SAA713x philips chipset and best of all the drivers uploaded flawlessly on windows xp (havent tried it on vista though)…the picture is clear (wish it was a little bit more sharp) but after tinkering with it i will probably figure it out>>now i believe i can make a good pvr system with this card,recording and archiving tv>>be warned though this needs a bit of good system to make it work>>i have a dual core processor with 1 gb ram …

wzub>>i will see what i can do

[/quote]

i have the same card, it used to work fine on my xp but suddenly it stopped working, i changed its slot and reinstalled its drivers but still it wont work.

the original drivers that came with the package were good but the one i download ffrom there website sucks. by any chance you have the original cd?? if yes i need those drivers :confused:

executionist>>so u have a platv pro 3 as well>>is it under warranty>>if so u can return it>>

i do have the original drivers>>soo...what do u suggest

executionist>>so u have a platv pro 3 as well>>is it under warranty>>if so u can return it>>

i do have the original drivers>>soo…what do u suggest

[/quote]

not that, but the one you had before. i.e. just play tv pro. i guess play tv pro 3 is the newer model

executionist>>you need software for playtv pro 1 then>>no problem just search the net for christv and download the free lite version and it will support playtv pro 1>>>just download the software run it and go to system and let the system search for the best driver>>it will eventually search and recommend btwincap drivers and your old card will run fine on that>>cheers

i will try that and say how that works out

What is the best software to play / record video through these cards? R they only supported by the softwares which come with them or r there some common softwares too? For ex Cyberlink Power Cinema

vob (virtua dub) is another common software which will capture video onto your computer and is available on the net for free

Hey, jack, any progress on the screenshots and video clips?

Chris TV is a proprietary software for use for TV tuners and its awesome. I've been using it for several months now and it has all the regular options, as well as creating channel lists, deinterlacing, aspect-ratio adjustment, various video filters - you name it. It claims to be able to work with every conceivable tv-tuner out there and it has a huge selection that it supports for certain as well, which you can view on their website. It works with my generic chinese Phillips 7130 chipset. I know Pixelview is also supported.

Greatly recommended.

Torrents are your friend.