I want to be a hacker

i want to be a hacker ,

can anyone tell me from where to start,

what tools will i need ,

what is eligibilty for being a hacker ,,

I know it isnt easy...

i searched a lot but didnt get any usefull info.

thanks

How do you define a 'hacker'?

i had same dreame 4 years ago but....

I do knw sumhow

but i think u shud 1st bcum gud software engineer and u can automaticaly bcum a hacker....

Use sub7 to hack no0bs wid dsl but 1st u need to hack his dsl modem

and also he shud not hav any firewall or aunti virus

again i ll advise u to leave this pasion like u can at hack paypal or ebay or rob a bank online by just bcuming a hacker

so 1st bcum software engineer as most of hackers are very gud at software engineering and dont waste ur time on those time wasting ebooks or tutorials cuz the vulunaribilities told in them are fixed far before the ebook is released

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i had same dreame 4 years ago but…

Use sub7 to hack no0bs wid dsl but 1st u need to hack his dsl modem

and also he shud not hav any firewall or aunti virus

[/quote]

LOL at aunti virus. Typos sometime get hilarious.

^

lol

i wrote it myself

How do you define a ‘hacker’?
[/quote]

Exactly. What do you want to do exactly?

Hacking isn’t just about using a program that someone else wrote and taking over your neighbors computer, you know.

^ agreed hackin also does not include findin of email address's passwords

thats want i want to know what is hacker cozz there are very different definitions of hackers... all over so i want to be a hacker with which i can help people in any mean i dont want to cheat anybody

First try finding out the difference between hacking and cracking.

hmm so u want to be in system software engineering and security>>there many universties for that here, look around

What you want to be is called ethical hacker. This is sort of related to software engineering and security and you can become a certified ethical hacker after taking a course from a university ^ as mentioned by jack.

There's lot of money in hacking. Hack websites (don't do any bad to the website), email proof that you hacked the website (screenshot of admin panel, ftp, shell, files) to the owner of the website, tell them that you can fix the security hole for your price. :P

This tip was shared to be my http://tinyurl.com/japoooo owner. :P Don't remember his name.

Lol.. And i want to me king of the world too but that aint gonna happen either.

You cant just 'learn' hacking.. I mean its not like there's a course that you do and voila once the course is done you'll be a hacker.. Lol.. No thats not how it works. You have to study computers.. study network systems.. When you go to University pick up a course realted to computers.. Study it in depth.. you'll have to get to know everything how the computers work how networks work.. Once you do that maybe then you can figure out a way yourself to hack.

yeh be a good programmer,

study networks & how it works,

dont buy any hacking book either but u can get some idea after reading hundreds and hundreds of pages (i did same but it was waist of time).

study new technologies and specially their patches like ms windows updates read updates info why ms is giving this update what is purpose. but at end you have to be a good programmer. as far as i remember there is learnkey for ethical hacking have look at that.

and remember its not just one click job

Yes, there are certifications for ethical hacking.... You can find some certifications at certcity.com

just become a software engineer then start finding loop holes in websites etc and work on that! :D

@awesomeguy,

even though nobody'll tell you how to become a hacker, i can point you to some ppl who're seasoned hackers and have done real black hat stuff.

psssh! they are here on this forum, just don't tell anyone i told you.

names: (*hints only*, can't directly point out)

1 - Has

2- Dasa

3- Retceps

4- Ndasa

btw awesomeguy if you can't figure out who AbbasJin is talking about in the above post I'm afraid hacking might not be for you :D

@awesomeguy,

even though nobody’ll tell you how to become a hacker, i can point you to some ppl who’re seasoned hackers and have done real black hat stuff.

psssh! they are here on this forum, just don’t tell anyone i told you.

names: (hints only, can’t directly point out)

1 - Has

2- Dasa

3- Retceps

4- Ndasa

[/quote]

You would have been better off using some substitution based cipher like Caesar’s cipher (e.g. ROT13 algorithm) which is n0ob stuff. ;)

Awesomeguy, here are some links to University of Washington's online cryptography courses.

Site: http://www.cs.washington.edu/education/courses/csep590/06wi/

Lectures/Videos: http://www.cs.washington.edu/education/courses/csep590/06wi/lectures/

Work through the stuff and you will learn loads. Be sure to brush up your mathematics before starting. Enjoy!