I wanna give linux a try. please help me

I want to install Ubuntu, i need step by step instruction to dual boot it with my XP.

Currently i have C D E F G partitions, with XP on C.

Please provide a link to download the latest version and how to dual boot it. Also, if then i want to uninstall linux, will it have any affect on windows?

Start from here: http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1458

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Please provide a link to download the latest version
[/quote]

http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download

I want to install Ubuntu, i need step by step instruction to dual boot it with my XP.

Currently i have C D E F G partitions, with XP on C.

Please provide a link to download the latest version and how to dual boot it. Also, if then i want to uninstall linux, will it have any affect on windows?

[/quote]

you dont need to configure anything the ubuntu installer will just create a new partition from the free space on ur computer and install itself on that

and yes u can safley remove linux without damaging windows

installation is even simpler than windows..so dont get procrastinated and give a start..:|

create a new partition? what if i dont want to create a new one? I just want it installed on D drive

What is difference between Windows and ubuntu or linux.

create a new partition? what if i dont want to create a new one? I just want it installed on D drive
[/quote]

you cant ubuntu needs a ext 3 partition to install on and a swap partition to

What is difference between Windows and ubuntu or linux.
[/quote]

Windows is closed source OS (Its original code is not open to public) made by a corporate company which costs a lot, Ubuntu/Linux is open source (Anyone can see all of its coding, and edit or redistribute it) and is made by users/volunteer coders from around the world. Though most of Linux distros nowadays have some sort of corporate backing, either non-profit or otherwise. And you can customize Linux down to its kernel to suite your needs.