I seek career counseling

I'm about to give my intermediate final year exam this month.. I did matric in science and opted commerce as major for intermediate.. I got 71% marks in 1st year.. Now after getting done with exams, i'm left with two options, either to go for CA / ACCA or start BBA from a well reputed college/uni. My personal inclination is towards BBA, hence first preference would be IBA.. If not IBA, i've heard alot about SZABIST, CBM, Iqra, MAJU but not sure which one's degree is counted as the most worth in market and could assure a better future.

Could you guys advice me in opting among the most reputed colleges in karachi as i don't have much time left to choose.. Entry tests are just around the corner

Thank you all for your replies

The best in Pakistan for a business degree in order:

LUMS

IBA

LSE

SZABIST

IBA is best not doubt

What bout bahria Uni? isn't it good?

I am a CA student so if you have any questions regarding that field fire away Ill do my best :)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I am a CA student so if you have any questions regarding that field fire away Ill do my best :)
[/quote]

Where are you doing your CA from? I’ve seen many guys including a couple of my own cousin skipping CA in the middle and going for something else… As they think its take a lifetime to pass out all of them modules and finally graduate :P

What bout bahria Uni? isn’t it good?
[/quote]

Yeah ive heard quiet alot about bahria as well… But then again, when its comes down to narrowing down the options it gets confusing… IBA leads for sure and it takes an arm and a leg to drag your a55 upto that place… I’ll give the entry exams for all these universities and inshallah try my best to get qualified for an admission…

I was doing CA. Only studied 6 months and then shifted to ACCA. I didnt find CA THAT hard as people make it out to be and i gave module A and B together. I wont pass module B though because i had no commerce background and i took up 2 modules together and gave the paper this year in March. Result is awaiting which will come on 13th May. Even then im pretty confident ill pass Module A and will do well in module B. It wasnt really difficult just the fact that never having studied accounts or economics and taking 2 modules together was tough.

Anyway i shifted to ACCA because i want to go abroad after ACCA and probably do my CA from ICAEW (UK) and even if i dont end up going abroad then i might shift to CA (Icap) after ACCA. After ACCA you get modules A B C and D exempted in CA (ICAP) so after ACCA i will do direct articleship if i decide to join CA(ICAP).

I would recommend to not go for CA directly if you really are going for CA. Do ACCA first and then CA. Its not really as difficult as people make it out to be.

It actually really depends on you really.. If you opt for ACCA or CA then you will have to give up University life which is a big blow because University life is great. Anyway also keep in mind that ONLY acca does not have alot of value in Pakistan but abroad there is a lot of scope for ACCA.

I am in module E right now (doing my articles right now), had one extra attempt back in module C apart from that Allah ka karam hai no major break downs. I am in Lahore, did my CA Inter from Islamabad then family shifted here so doing my articles in Lahore.

Nice to hear from you alamode, so what would you guys say about the scope of BBA?

Bahria is giving admission to every awein student for the sale of their chinese branded laptops ,bahria university has changed alot,itisn't the same as it was before.I want to ask something from you guys-- what do you think about doing LAW and whats its scope here or abroad? :$

Bahria is giving admission to every awein student for the sale of their chinese branded laptops
[/quote]

thats acer

but they are making good profit on those laptops almost 15000 on one piece :o

yeh and the poor fellow thinks that they have given a outstanding laptop to him/her :D

yeh and the poor fellow thinks that they have given a outstanding laptop to him/her :D
[/quote]

well most of them have never used a real pc so they don’t know much :D

and its on instalment so they must happily accepted it

afait bahria is good if you want little studies and lots of fun. same goes for Iqra i guess

what do you think about doing LAW and whats its scope here or abroad? :blush:
[/quote]

I could be wrong but i dont think there’s a lot of scope atleast in pakistan for Law. Maybe abroad but i dont think there is in pakistan …

40 mbps>>man i had the sme choice but i choose bcom>>done very cheap and just get a mba from a good university and u are set>>

40 mbps>>man i had the sme choice but i choose bcom>>done very cheap and just get a mba from a good university and u are set>>
[/quote]

How much did you earn after B.Com and after MBA ?

I heard IBA are not taking B.Com students as now they require a Bachelors of 4 years Minimum for MBA.

after bcom i was earning 18k working in international call center>>after mba starting is 29000 without juggar>>with juggar ici pays 50k+

Hmm so doing b.com wont really hurt then. Ive paid the fees and i dont intend on taking the classes just going to study a month before the papers the only problem is the damn Government Commerce College of Economics are messed up.. Everytime i go there they tell me some date and tell me to come on that date. Ive paid the fees and everything just have to submit the enrollment form. That was supposed to be done ages ago but i had to get a Equivalence certificate made so that took time and after that i've been trying to submit the form for a month and every time the stupid guy on the window sends me away :P... Damn government colleges !!! He told me to go after 5th now.. Ill probably go in a few days again hoping he'll take my enrollment form.

Anyway can anyone also tell me what is the starting salary after ACCA (no experience) ?