I Nokia the best company?

Guys answer this post, Is Nokia the best company? whats your thinking?

I think its best. It has best features than all others.. and many other good things.

Tell me about yours?

It was in the past. Now it isn't.

Nokia's finished

All hail Samsung and HTC

it still the best in some other aspects like in accessories variety durability etc :rolleyes:

Who's best is a vague term, in what respect you are saying that Nokia is the best ?

For you Nokia may be the best but for Mr.X, Apple may be the best and so on.

Every manufacturer has its own philosophy and thus offers products according to it's own market research.

I have a question for you. If Nokia is the best, then which product of Nokia is the best and what about the other products of Nokia ?

Nokia has a vast range of mobile phones. That means this "The Best Manufacturer" could not produce "The Best Product" till date.

Anyway, this can lead to never ending discussion. If you want to compare manufacturers, do it on some basis. Your question (or invitation to discuss) seems to be based on personal liking.

[quote=“tim619, post:, topic:”]

Guys answer this post, Is Nokia the best company? whats your thinking?

[/quote]

yes its the best company if u never used any other brand :) nokia was best untill i used htc and samsung :)

Nokia is a still the best in entry level feature phones, the s40 interface is much reliable.

For the case of smartphones, Nokia is no where close to the best,

[quote=“Zazzyo, post:7, topic:14752”]

Nokia is a still the best in entry level feature phones, the s40 interface is much reliable.

For the case of smartphones, Nokia is no where close to the best,

[/quote]

Q mobile is best in entry level :D

Our People forget everything very quickly now they don't know what these 3310 6600 N95.....

[quote=“armada, post:9, topic:14752”]

Our People forget everything very quickly now they don’t know what these 3310 6600 N95…

[/quote]

i agree to you sir but we ppl never got things in time… at the time of 6600 we never even saw i-mate… sp3 sp4 models. we never heard of panasonic gd90, gd92 (earliest light weight and with 7 colors lcd) models… we always keep saying “nokia is always nokia”.

Obsession with Nokia is the only reason that the company is still able to sell a few of its phones. Otherwise, it deserves to be burnt to ashes for the greater good. Give me a single recent Nokia product which has "good" signal reception? Nokia suits Graham Bell era, not beyond. They should really switch to making satellite phones for troops. Oh wait...they can't. That "stuff" also needs quality and innovation.

You can blame nokia for other things but not for reception. They are best in reception quality. Give me a single nokia phone which gives low reception. Look at N9 , they can inovate but they just need good os. www.gsmarena.com loves N9 just check their hands on and you will know how best the hardware is.

"Best" is a relevant term.

Something best for me may not be best for you.

Nokia is a decent company esp in the budget handsets. And it will remain popular for most ppl in Pakistan for the very same reason.

[quote=“hawker, post:11, topic:14752”]

Obsession with Nokia is the only reason that the company is still able to sell a few of its phones. Otherwise, it deserves to be burnt to ashes for the greater good. Give me a single recent Nokia product which has “good” signal reception? Nokia suits Graham Bell era, not beyond. They should really switch to making satellite phones for troops. Oh wait…they can’t. That “stuff” also needs quality and innovation.

[/quote]

nokia is never weaker in battery time and reception dude… i disagree to u at this pint… and they are also called khota set in pakistan :D so dun blame nokia in these lines else nokia is surely not in markt of smartphones. but yes we’ll see when it come with android or windows…

Nokia still sells lots of low-end phones in emerging markets but it's finished in the high-end. Apple, HTC and Samsung pretty much own the high-end with Motorola, Sony Ericsson, LG and the like following.

still there is a simple problem. first of all china mobile was effected on nokia but now Q mobile is also there for low range sets, 1280,1616,1800, etc sale of these model is decreased by 50% in general markt.... if u dun blv me ask any dealer

Yes... Nokia is the best company...

In 1992, Nokia decided to focus on its telecommunications business. This was probably the most important strategic decision in its history.

As adoption of the GSM standard grew, new CEO Jorma Ollila put Nokia at the head of the mobile telephone industry’s global boom – and made it the world leader before the end of the decade...

Nokia’s story continues with 3G, mobile multiplayer gaming, multimedia devices and a look to the future...

I personal like Nokia company.....

Nokia is dead. Shareholders are just waiting for an undertaker. The world's largest handset company has one asset. Nokia sold 25% of the global total of 428 million units sold in the first quarter. Its problem is that in the industry the company is viewed as a falling knife. Its market share in the same quarter of 2010 was nearly 31%. The arguments that Nokia will not stay independent are numerous. It has a very modest presence in the rapidly growing smartphone industry which is dominated by Apple, Research In Motion's Blackberry, HTC, and Samsung. Nokia runs the outdated Symbian operating system and is in the process of changing to Microsoft's Windows mobile OS, which has a tiny share of the market.

Nokia would be an attractive takeover target to a large extent because the cost to "buy" 25% of the global handset market would only be $22 billion based on Nokia's current market cap. Obviously, a buyer would need to pay a premium, but even $30 billion is within reach of several companies. Potential buyers would start with HTC, the fourth largest smartphone maker in the world. Its sales have doubled in both the last quarter and the last year. HTC will sell as many as 80 million handsets in 2011. The Taiwan-based company's challenge would be whether it could finance such a large deal. The other three likely bidders do not have that problem. Microsoft, which is Nokia's primary software partner, could easily buy the company and is often mentioned as a suitor. The world's largest software company recently moved further into the telecom industry though its purchase of VoIP giant Skype, which has 170 million active customers. Two other large firms have many reasons to buy Nokia. Samsung, part of one of the largest conglomerates in Korea, has publicly set a goal to be the No.1 handset company in the world by 2014. The parent company is the largest in South Korea with revenue in 2010 of $134 billion. A buyout of Nokia would launch Samsung into the position as the world's handset leader. LG Electronics, the 7th largest company in South Korea, with sales of $48 billion, is by most measures the third largest smartphone company. It has the scale and balance sheet to takeover Nokia. The only question about the Finland-based company is whether a buyer would maintain the Microsoft relationship or change to the popular Android OS to power Nokia phones.

[Got this off an article on YAHOO!]

good news for nokia fans. lolz its funny but its not funny in pakistan :) according to spider magazine june edition, it says that under the order of interior minister sir Rehman Malik, PTA is starting to block china sets all with single and double sim becuase govt cannot trace them (it's a big bigger biggest lie. and govt will allow mobile phones with registered iemi number i,e; Nokia and Samusng. now who can say that nokia and samsung didn't pay anything to SIR REHMAN MALIK.

Source please?