I Need a DSL Service! - Cheapest, Fastest and Easiest to Use -

Right now, am paying Rs 400/- for an internet connection and am on LAN. Since I've been using this service for many years and has special nice terms with the seller, he hasn't increased the prices for me.

Heard a lot good about Wateen connection and equally bad about PTCL. What would be your suggestions?

Please suggest with prices and speed, thanks!

whats your budget?

Get ptcl 512 wid studnt pakage and u r ok

How much its going to cost? As the package I am with at the moment costs me just Rs 400/- and the service is pretty good. But the need is now for multiple internet and i was just wondering if that would be a little cheap.

I heard from a couple of my friends that PTCL service in Karachi is getting bad, I mean sometimes their workforce are at strike and spikes in their service just makes me uncomfortable to consider them. Hope this sounds fair.....

My budget is around 1000/- Rs per month for running multiple PC's (three at least) .... but I do need a super service!

By the way, Shoukat, you have a very nice tech blog there. I read around 4 posts! .... cool work done! Mashallah very nice to see Pakistani guys diving in blogging...Well done!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

By the way, Shoukat, you have a very nice tech blog there. I read around 4 posts! … cool work done! Mashallah very nice to see Pakistani guys diving in blogging…Well done!
[/quote]

offtopic!!

Btw thanks

what speeds you are having on your current connection . torrent http ftp ?

Normally, I just use internet all the time. But if I use utorrent, I get around 25K/sec and the speed depends on seeds and peers also I think. Its quite responsive, I face issues when I use youtube.com I have to wait a little before watching a song even of 5 minutes.

Get ptcl 512 u ll get 60kB/s on it and pings wil b also cool

How much money?

How much money?
[/quote]

1200 or if you are studying in a university certified by ptcl you can get it for 840 rs

but if you are going to pay 1200 to ptcl you better get maxcom connection for the same amount if you are karachi

more than 3 times what he paying

@mfa yes, you are good at maths.

Should I purchase a maxcom connection or buy two more connections from my LAN. He may decrease the price to 300/- as well for more connections. I mean if I'll get more connections out of that one DSL, the speed will divide. Here I will get with full speed..... what do you ppl think?

Should I purchase a maxcom connection or buy two more connections from my LAN. He may decrease the price to 300/- as well for more connections. I mean if I’ll get more connections out of that one DSL, the speed will divide. Here I will get with full speed… what do you ppl think?

[/quote]

what speed do you get now?

Well.. Ive got maxcom 1mb today and im pretty happy with the service. Just that, it lags a little bit while playing games online on my PS3 whereas in PTCL there was 0 lag. But i shifted to Maxcom because PTCL support was crap and my internet used to get disconnected after every 1 hour... i complained for 6 months !! Yes 6 months but no response from PTCL. My DS margin when using PTCL was 6 which is very bad and i was facing alot of unsyncing modem issues. I was told it could be the wiring, the modem the drop wire the splitter etc etc.. I changed everything and i changed my internal wiring THREE times !! But DS margin was struck at 6 or even lower then that with internet getting disconnected after every hour..

I got Maxcom today, and my DS margin now is above 20.. Usually its around 28-29.. Im facing no disconnection problems. The problem was at PTCL's end but they will never help you out they will just keep telling you to change wire and blah blah and just give u some 'topi' .. lol. PTCL SUCKS

i have been encountered Network time outs since yesterday. Is anyone else receiving them too?

y dont u buy wateen limited tariff plan.......4gb restricted i guess its enuff for browsing where as for downloading huge files u can use your cable net................

Should I purchase a maxcom connection or buy two more connections from my LAN. He may decrease the price to 300/- as well for more connections. I mean if I’ll get more connections out of that one DSL, the speed will divide. Here I will get with full speed… what do you ppl think?

[/quote]

Than you have get 2 more lan cards. But first check what total KB you would get with 3 connection and it would cheaper than PTCL or any DSL connection.

Thanks for appreciation of my simple math calculation.

[/quote]

Speed is divided only when both Computers are downloading at the same time.

to be honest 25KBps on torrents isn't bad at all in 400 Rupees, get the same connection one more time.... :P