I have a problem burning vcd

when i want to make a copy of a dvd movie, i just copy the files of the dvd to my hard disk and then burn them. In this way the copied dvd I have burned plays on any set top dvd player (u know the one o keep on top a tv) . When i do the same to a vcd, the cd shows the files and plays fine on the computer but not in a set top seperate dvd player. I use nero burning software that came with my samsung writemaster.

what could be causing this..any help appreciated

jack

are you burning them as a data vcd? or as a vcd disk?

The DVD menu files and other DVD-player related files are kept in the Video_TS folder, which you copy from the dvd and write to a DVD-R thus making it read-able for a DVD player. As far as VCD goes, you must be copying only the *.dat files, which are not sufficient for some DVD/VCD players. So you'll have to write it as a Video CD (VCD)

executionist..i am burning them as a data vcd...when i burn the dvd as a data dvd its works perfestly but that is not the case with vcd

Asad-Ahmad..As far as VCD goes, you must be copying only the *.dat files, which are not sufficient for some DVD/VCD players.

asad iam copying all the files,,,but still it does not work

i will try writing it as a video cd (vcd)

Indirectly I meant that most of the time when you copy VCD, only the dat files are copied and the *.vcd files are not (They rarely are visible in computer). But the dvds you copy have already been "ripped" so all of their necessary files are stored in Video_TS folder.

If you write it as a VCD, you shouldn't have a problem playing it on a dvd player.

dude dont COPY the disk to ur hdd but instead make a inage of it... in that way when ull burn it again it will be like a copy of the orignal cd/dvd

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

dude dont COPY the disk to ur hdd but instead make a inage of it… in that way when ull burn it again it will be like a copy of the orignal cd/dvd
[/quote]

yeah i always use alcohol for that!

plus you can mount those images in your pc and play them like a normal dvd!

dont blab... get vlc and play .iso video with it. losers.

I AM BACK!!!

dont blab… get vlc and play .iso video with it. losers.

I AM BACK!!!

[/quote]

and u will be gone really soon 2 if u stay that way

dont blab… get vlc and play .iso video with it. losers.

I AM BACK!!!

[/quote]

Thank you for mentioning the obvious. Back you go to la-la land since your vacation was for 3 days.

Thank you for mentioning the obvious. Back you go to la-la land since your vacation was for 3 days.

[/quote]

but how did he posted tht when he was banned???

but how did he posted tht when he was banned???

[/quote]

first he got unbanned, he posted, than banned again

[/quote]

he knows what he is… no words.

first he got unbanned, he posted, than banned again

[/quote]

and now he is unbanned again

now.