I have 1MB DSL but my modem shows 2MB

Hi,

I have 1MB DSL but my modem shows 2MB, why it shows 2MB. I get downlaod speed of 1MB that is approx 110kb/s

heres my stats which show 2MB downstream rate

ADSL line status

Current adsl line status is as the below.

Line Mode G.DMT Line State Show Time

Line Up Time Duration 00:03:33:13 System Up Time 00:03:33:36

Line Downstream Rate 2048 Line Upstream Rate 512

Latency Type Fast Line Coding Trellis On

Noise Margin 29.9 Line Attenuation 36.0

Output power 12.3 Attainable Line Rate 8608

Line Up Count 1 Status No Defect

More Information ...

Its not a problem Bro

they Only set your Profile to 2mb and Speed to 1 mb

alot of members here have 8 mb Profile but 4 mb net ;)

so Its normal :)

profile cannot be set to 2mb if wpeed is 1mb. your status shows that you are using 2mb but your lineattenuation is able for 2mb, for this you are getting 1mb almost. if you are handling some problem like disconnecting then call your exchange or 1218 and say them to set your jumper to 1mb. if you are not handling problems. then chalte raho chalte raho.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

profile cannot be set to 2mb if wpeed is 1mb. your status shows that you are using 2mb but your lineattenuation is able for 2mb, for this you are getting 1mb almost. if you are handling some problem like disconnecting then call your exchange or 1218 and say them to set your jumper to 1mb. if you are not handling problems. then chalte raho chalte raho.
[/quote]

who told u this stuff man!!! port can be set to 24Mbps no big deal…and it aint your problem…wat your billing says is your package not attainable rate. if your package is 1Mbps then u’ll get 1Mbps regardless of ur modem downstream and upstream…get over wid it dude…!

hunh, i am mad. you are genious.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Its not a problem Bro

they Only set your Profile to 2mb and Speed to 1 mb

alot of members here have 8 mb Profile but 4 mb net ;)

so Its normal :)

[/quote]

+1

I have 4MBps but my profile/port speed is 6MBps

its lie. and no more discussion on this topic. im confirmed my self.