chipset: intel i850E

*BIOS:

brand: Dell computer corporation

Version: A05

Date: 07-27-2002

*G drive:

cd rom drive

sony DVD ROM DDU 220E

IBM data fax modem, and floppy drives are included.

***PRICE# 10,000 rs or 11,000

1- now the matter is, in branded used pc its a new win installation and it loads within sec's

but in old pc (*unbranded) which speed is 550mhz, intel P3, 128MB of Ram takes a lot of time in loading due to files, when i install new win in old pc it also load faster but not like DELL (new one).

2- What if i will migrate my 3-4 lack files in dell (branded used pc) will it also load faster?

3- And what u will say about my pc speed and price?

4- What if i will face any hardware failure problem in future, like losing power supply. (can i easily upgrade power supply and other hardware)

5- And how to check how much processor and ram has been used?

well for for ur queries, new windows installation always makes u pc faster as it gets rid of the broken registeris, uncompleted files damaged files plus all the startup non-sense we end up installing into our pc's but even so if u transfer all ur files to ur new system it wudn't as fast but it wud definitely be much faster than your old pc.

i think its approx ok market value for your pc, and abt failing hardware well u never know, u cannot guarantee any electronic product that is why there is warranty for everything, and in country like ours where loadshedding and voltage fluctuations are pretty common the chances are even higher but that can be dealt with installing a proper stabliser for ur pc and preferably a small ups so u can shut the pc down properly when the power fails.

abt upgrading powersupply and switching components well u havent mentioned the form factor of your pc, but Dell precision work station series which u mentioned is usually in in tower casing then u most certainly can switch over parts but with the small form factors its difficult to do so but nevertheless u can get em after some hard work and sweat...

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

well for for ur queries, new windows installation always makes u pc faster as it gets rid of the broken registeris, uncompleted files damaged files plus all the startup non-sense we end up installing into our pc’s but even so if u transfer all ur files to ur new system it wudn’t as fast but it wud definitely be much faster than your old pc.

i think its approx ok market value for your pc, and abt failing hardware well u never know, u cannot guarantee any electronic product that is why there is warranty for everything, and in country like ours where loadshedding and voltage fluctuations are pretty common the chances are even higher but that can be dealt with installing a proper stabliser for ur pc and preferably a small ups so u can shut the pc down properly when the power fails.

abt upgrading powersupply and switching components well u havent mentioned the form factor of your pc, but Dell precision work station series which u mentioned is usually in in tower casing then u most certainly can switch over parts but with the small form factors its difficult to do so but nevertheless u can get em after some hard work and sweat…

[/quote]

thanks for quick and nice reply.

now what is tower casing and what kind of factors i should mention?

Speed is good due to processor speed or RAM or Processor speed and ram?

well the speed is definitely due to your upgrade to a p4 processor and higher ram, both make a difference.

well tower casing like the ones tall boxes like we usually get as in unbranded pc's as they are easily interchangeable and small form factor are those small sleekish desktop PC's but i think all workstation series all are in tower casing

well the speed is definitely due to your upgrade to a p4 processor and higher ram, both make a difference.

well tower casing like the ones tall boxes like we usually get as in unbranded pc’s as they are easily interchangeable and small form factor are those small sleekish desktop PC’s but i think all workstation series all are in tower casing

[/quote]

no its branded casing and there is dell name mentioned. also intel p4 logo and mircosoft window registration no.

how i can post screeshot of all my pc info.? can u pm me ur e-mail address for faster reply or help.

one more thing, system info. is also showing that only 267 mb of ram left out of 512mb, is it mean i will soon need to change the RAM

:) well branded casing comes in tower too, i was just saying that is how it looks like, well u can upload your pics at tinypic and put the forum image link here, plus 512Mb out of 267mb ram, what did u do to the rest of it, lol

:) well branded casing comes in tower too, i was just saying that is how it looks like, well u can upload your pics at tinypic and put the forum image link here, plus 512Mb out of 267mb ram, what did u do to the rest of it, lol
[/quote]

my pc casing is same like this one:

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:AAndrWeso0IYSM:http://www.buycomputermemory.com/images/dell-precision.jpg

is it mean i will soon lose my ram

yeah that is what i was saying its a tower casing, its pretty easy to find replaceable parts for these except for the properiatry parts, i suggest u take out ur ram (after grounding yourself offcourse) and read the make bus speed and MB written(if its actually 512mb) on it and again install it properly and run a RAM memory check, it wud tell you if the memory has any problems or not

yeah that is what i was saying its a tower casing, its pretty easy to find replaceable parts for these except for the properiatry parts, i suggest u take out ur ram (after grounding yourself offcourse) and read the make bus speed and MB written(if its actually 512mb) on it and again install it properly and run a RAM memory check, it wud tell you if the memory has any problems or not
[/quote]

will u plz check my first post for complete processor specification.

actually i don’t know how to open this casing, its not open like in unbranded pc. I think it will be from the head of casing.

yeah saw ur specs, just run a ram memory check then and se if tht gives u any errors if it doesnt and u not getting random freezes or crashes then relax and chill and enjoy ur new pc and stop worrying abt it