I bought a 2nd hand cd player for 300 rs

so i bought this cd player for 300 rs, yes thats 300 rs from a pathan in itwar bazaar, karachi>>works perfectly and will pick up even scratched cds. here is the picture and website..

http://www.ciao.co.uk/Panasonic_SLSX220S__5596098

what do you think

@ jack

Might be stolen one. Might be that's the actual price for second hand unit. Who knows?

But buying a stolen unit will indirectly helping robbers. People usually give reason that "if I don't buy it then somebody else will buy it". I still maintain that don't buy stolen goods. :)

most probably it is worth 300 (or even less), since these units are now outdated, replaced by portable mp3 players. Even cd-players supporting mp3 playback are obsolete now. Nobody likes to carry this bulky unit when they can hang ipod or replicas around the neck. I have a huge pile of audio cds lying somewhere in store which I'm sure I'll never be using again.

But yes, the earphones accompanied with player might be worth more...

Might be stolen one. Might be that's the actual price for second hand unit. Who knows?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:) it seems that you do not know the karachi market>>a lot of 2nd hand original tech is available because of containers ariving from abroad>>the things which are available in sunday bazaars and saddar street corners are

1. laptops (pIII only)

mp3 and cd players

upto 5 mega pixel cameras (from bara)

original music cds and vcr cassetes from england

guitars

and clothes

i doubt that all of these things are stolen>>

the cd player had become obsolete due to mp3 players with internal memory>>new chinese cd players are available for only 700-900 rs in saddar, whether they work or not is another story...

You are a lucky person.

I dont think its stolen or anything. That stuff used to be worth 1200 in quetta 5 years back. They are all smuggled from the afghan border.

There used to be a time (2002-2003) when the pathan's sold pentium III (800 mhz) laptops for 500 ruppes in chaman.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I dont think its stolen or anything. That stuff used to be worth 1200 in quetta 5 years back. They are all smuggled from the afghan border.

There used to be a time (2002-2003) when the pathan’s sold pentium III (800 mhz) laptops for 500 ruppes in chaman.

[/quote]

Pardon my stupidity, but I never understand that how cheap hardware come in Afghanistan? Afghanistan is a land-lock country. How they get hands on cheap items? Though which route? Iran? Ex-USSR states? Pakistan? China? How?

wampyr>>i dont know what happens at the top of the country but i know that here in karachi this stuff arrives by baggage and containers>>

mp3 (original ipod players as well are a little expensive) and cd players 300 to 1500 rs

upto 5 mega pixel cameras (from bara) 1000 to rs 5000

original music cds and vcr cassetes from england 10 to 25 rs

guitars (they are sold from 1000 to 3000 rs)

lately amplifiers have come into the pakistani market and you cans see a lot of people going to saddar to buy it

wampyr>>i dont know what happens at the top of the country but i know that here in karachi this stuff arrives by baggage and containers>>

mp3 (original ipod players as well are a little expensive) and cd players 300 to 1500 rs

upto 5 mega pixel cameras (from bara) 1000 to rs 5000

original music cds and vcr cassetes from england 10 to 25 rs

guitars (they are sold from 1000 to 3000 rs)

lately amplifiers have come into the pakistani market and you cans see a lot of people going to saddar to buy it

[/quote]

Now you have my attention with the word amps :) There might be speakers too :) Are there good size TV (40"+)? Where to find such things in Karachi at cheapest rate?

wampyr>>good size tvs are available second hand in naz digital plaza>>or rather lcds with tv tuners built are available alongwith projectors as well>>also from distribution centre second hand tvs are available>>when a container lot arrives in a godown there is a lot of extra stuff in it>>offcourse you have to ask around and see what is available

amps and speakers are available in sunday bazzar phase 8 defence karachi>>or you can go to empress market and there is a gali there on the side where you can find this stuff>>

in karachi you can literally find anything>>anything to do with tech if you know the right people>>

jack +

roshini dekhane wala

wampyr>>good size tvs are available second hand in naz digital plaza>>or rather lcds with tv tuners built are available alongwith projectors as well>>also from distribution centre second hand tvs are available>>when a container lot arrives in a godown there is a lot of extra stuff in it>>offcourse you have to ask around and see what is available

amps and speakers are available in sunday bazzar phase 8 defence karachi>>or you can go to empress market and there is a gali there on the side where you can find this stuff>>

in karachi you can literally find anything>>anything to do with tech if you know the right people>>

jack +

roshini dekhane wala

[/quote]

Thank you, that’s why I asked the right person :) I might try to visit some of these places, if I get time on my next visit :)

Thank you.

Fe-Aman Allah.

Pardon my stupidity, but I never understand that how cheap hardware come in Afghanistan? Afghanistan is a land-lock country. How they get hands on cheap items? Though which route? Iran? Ex-USSR states? Pakistan? China? How?

[/quote]

Hmm, i have been to the border to shop a couple of times, but i dont really know where the stuff comes :S

The nightvision goggles, military binoculars are of course Ex USSR stuff :D but these laptops, watches, cameras . Wait i will ask someone then tell you.

jack bhai where do you live. any such market in Lahore.

iam in karachi>>no idea about lahore though