I am happy with my GIO

I am very happy with my new phone.. I am starting loving mjy phone.... Omaaaah...

Which phone you had before this Samsung Gio ?

Me too happy with my Gio. It's been 10 days and two minor problems happened but then I googled them and they got fixed. Overall a value for money phone !

Did u guys upgrade it to Gingerbread ???

Nah. I guess the update isn't yet available in Pakistan ?

[quote=“EngineBlock, post:3, topic:15545”]

Me too happy with my Gio. It’s been 10 days and two minor problems happened but then I googled them and they got fixed. Overall a value for money phone !

[/quote]

kindly share the problems and their solutions if they weren’t related to ur set specifically. It will be beneficial for others.

Before this i was using nokia 6300, and before that i was using N73...

I am personally using this phone and had some bad experiences

Over heats: Due to over heating it is creating many problems for me. Some are

1 It gets low EDGE speeds. I am using zong ionternet. While my brothers with their zong sim and two nokias E5, C7 get around 25+KBPS, i hardly get around 5 to 12 KBPS. Its not my number fault because i exchanged sims with them but the problem is the same. While my sim and Nokia C7 or E5 gives 25+ KBPS.

2 Due to overheating its option touch button annoying me. It pops up without my touch while my thums or finger are miles away.

I am planning to sale it. Maybe it is a single unit fault and is related to my handset. Anyone of you having the same problems?

Well no overheating issues here. And I haven't tried using internet via GPRS, but I guess it depends on your carrier and location.

I had so far two issues:

1. Camera Froze and wont do anything. The middle key needs to be pressed to return to main menu. SOLUTION: Go to Application settings > Camera and click 'Clear Data', Your camera should be back to life again

2. The battery wont charge. Well it was a random issue and after several attempts to take the battery in and out, it worked finally.

I had not faced any of these problems.... working perfectly....

[quote=“EngineBlock, post:5, topic:15545”]

Nah. I guess the update isn’t yet available in Pakistan ?

[/quote]

it will take 6 to 8 months to get official update via KIES :)

If u wana upgrade check that link

http://androidadvices.com/update-samsung-galaxy-gio-s5660-official-gingerbread-xxkpm-233-firmware/

Y to upgrade to 2.3? whats new?

Better battery & Fast Performance