Hyundai Generators vs Honda Generators

Assalam-o-alykum;

i want to know what is difference between Honda and Hyundai generators in terms of reliability,maintanance and life?

Is it good choice to gor Hyundai genrators?

last time when i visited local market, i was surprised to see about 3 or 3.5kva hyundai generator for around Rs.45000, while Honda generator for 3kv is arount Rs.90,000..

i have no any idea about hyundai but i know Honda is one of the best Japanese brand and much reliable. But if there is little bit difference than why not i go for Hyundia?

Please share your valuable views.

Jazak-Allah

With this huge price difference i can tell you those Hyundai generators you saw in market were not originally made by Hyundai company and of course those were Chinese replicates...

For instance if Toyota Camry is around 4 million then its Korean competitor Hyundai sonata wouldn’t be available for 2 million, it would be very little less than Camry… So Don’t fall for those Chinese generators in the name of Hyundai or Honda etc, if you are looking for pure Japanese generator then one and only is Robin/Subaru, or any generator written powered by Robin on panel

[quote=“armada, post:2, topic:21450”]

With this huge price difference i can tell you those Hyundai generators you saw in market were not originally made by Hyundai company and of course those were Chinese replicates...

For instance if Toyota Camry is around 4 million then its Korean competitor Hyundai sonata wouldn't be available for 2 million, it would be very little less than Camry... So Don't fall for those Chinese generators in the name of Hyundai or Honda etc, if you are looking for pure Japanese generator then one and only is Robin/Subaru, or any generator written powered by Robin on panel

[/quote]

thank you for opening my eyes, :rolleyes:

so you mean there is no original Hyundai generators seller in pakistan?

and what is difference btw Original Hyundai and Honda generators in terms of price, performance, reliability and life?

and what about those japanese generators you mentioned, what's average price for 3kv generator for those brands?

In terms of price performance reliability and life, Korean and Japanese whether it's generators vehicles led TVs etc has no much difference, Korean stuff only beat down by the Japanese when its comes to resale value point....

Back to generators, keep in mind original generators like Hyundai Robin Mitsubishi are not marketed here officially…so you eventually has to buy from a non authorized dealer they will surely charge you much higher than MSRP also they won’t provide you free maintenance services offered by the manufacturer, if you can afford then get it but again if you aren’t sure whether the generator is really original Japani or not then get help from your trustworthy local petrol mechanic, if you know any…

Or

[quote=“armada, post:4, topic:21450”]

In terms of price performance reliability and life, Korean and Japanese whether it's generators vehicles led TVs etc has no much difference, Korean stuff only beat down by the Japanese when its comes to resale value point.... Back to generators, keep in mind original generators like Hyundai Robin Mitsubishi are not marketed here officially...so you eventually has to buy from a non authorized dealer they will surely charge you much higher than MSRP also they won't provide you free maintenance services offered by the manufacturer, if you can afford then get it but again if you aren't sure whether the generator is really original Japani or not then get help from your trustworthy local petrol mechanic, if you know any.. Or

[/quote]

thank you so much once again..

what best will you suggest for a budget around 40,000?

make,model and capacity

I personally will recommend you a Chinese brand senci, some shopkeepers may have their generators but most shopkeepers bring on per customer request....

Generator power capacity is totally up to your load… (what you want to run?)

Here is their site www.ampride.cn/English/About3/#Text

@ Off topic..

Seriously armada, what are you on? :o its like Dolan became Donald.. you are either cured, or trolling us :D

@topic

What armada said is spot on, and very comprehensive..i would just like to add a brand kohler, which seems to have lost its hype for past year.. its a solid gen, repairable, and when a relative bought one from metro a few years ago, CNG gen, , they would provide home service in warranty, and even after warranty (charges apply).. it was very powerful running multiple AC and lots of home appliances at once.. solid body, usually little problems other than low gas pressure related extra lod of gen which would blow out a fuse or a small kit occasionally.. that could happen to any CNG gen.. petrol/ diesel gen would have no such problems.. and it had very decent economy.. less gas bill than other brand gens of neighboring houses with more load yet better mileage.

just a small review of a personal experience. Kohler were hot cakes back then. dont know about their current status.. Google them up.

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:7, topic:21450”]

@ Off topic..

Seriously armada, what are you on? :o its like Dolan became Donald.. you are either cured, or trolling us :D

@topic

What armada said is spot on, and very comprehensive..i would just like to add a brand kohler, which seems to have lost its hype for past year.. its a solid gen, repairable, and when a relative bought one from metro a few years ago, CNG gen, , they would provide home service in warranty, and even after warranty (charges apply).. it was very powerful running multiple AC and lots of home appliances at once.. solid body, usually little problems other than low gas pressure related extra lod of gen which would blow out a fuse or a small kit occasionally.. that could happen to any CNG gen.. petrol/ diesel gen would have no such problems.. and it had very decent economy.. less gas bill than other brand gens of neighboring houses with more load yet better mileage.

just a small review of a personal experience. Kohler were hot cakes back then. dont know about their current status.. Google them up.

[/quote]

i just google it and i got its quite expensive although reliable, as i mentioned my budget is around 40k.

Check these out

http://www.kaymu.pk/senci-generators-sc-4000-ii-135029.html

http://bijlee.pk/honda-generator-ep1800c.html

http://www.kaymu.pk/hgs-2500-2kw-generator-95457.html

How reliable OLX ads are?? :-)

http://olx.com.pk/m/item/gas-generator-6-5-kva-IDJkw7H.html?code=b578827cec