Hydro Electricity - Need Help

I just want to make my own electricity through Hydro Turbine, I have land resources I need help about :-

* Budget

* Where I can get Turbine in pakistan

* Minimum Required Flow of Water

* Any other resources required except Water/canal

I am residing at Islamabad, one of my friend asked me for help, he is living in remote area with rich resources of water, he wish to aware the people about "Mini Hydro Power Station"

Though I can Search these info on Google or any other search engine, We are talking about the utilization of resources within Pakistan. e.g

*Availability of Hydro Turbine in Pakistan

*Cost

*Or any local consultant

etc

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I just want to make my own electricity through Hydro Turbine, I have land resources I need help about :-

* Budget

* Where I can get Turbine in pakistan

* Minimum Required Flow of Water

* Any other resources required except Water/canal

[/quote]

Brother I think blew mentioned Info will help u.Though i do,t know about the current rates/availability in pakistan

(1) Low Cost Development of Small Water Power Sites

A site with a head (total height water will fall) of 25 feet (7.6 m) and a flow of water of 2.8 cubic feet per second (81 liters per second) would produce about 6.3 hp (4.8 kw) of power at the turbine. Transmission losses or generator losses can be expected to cut this by 1/3 to l/2.

(2) Micro Pelton Turbines,

A small Pelton turbine can be a good choice of water turbine for circumstances in which a modest amount of water is available at a high head. The Pelton turbine can be less than a foot (30 cm) in diameter, rotates at a high rpm, and is generally used to produce electricity. The Pelton wheel is the second easiest turbine to make, after the more widely applicable cross-flow turbine (covered elsewhere). Little coverage is given to the actual use of the power produced or the governing equipment necessary to control the speed and power output.

(4) Cross-Flow Turbine BYS/T1. Produces 10 kw to 20 kw with a 5-70 meter head.

(5) A Pelton Micro-Hydro Prototype Design

modular design for a Pelton micro-hydro generating set with an electrical output up to … 5 kVA and with a ‘typical’ installation cost of about K300/kVA ($400/kw) including penstock costs … This is less expensive than diesel generating sets, and, when recurring costs are included, less costly than both diesel and petrol. Also covered briefly are ideas on governing bucket design and prototype performance, and cost/kw of PVC penstock pipe for different site configurations and pipe diameters."

Pelton wheels requiring a head of 50 feet or more were chosen, due to the mountainous terrain and small water flow required by these units. General design guidelines were to develop a low-cost but rugged design, which could be locally fabricated with a minimum of special skills, and which could be easily installed with little site preparation.

Notable design simplifications include: 1) a low-cost easily-made iron pipe cover for the main shaft, which prevents water from entering the bearings; 2) use of holes in steel plate to replace nozzles; 3) pulley substitution to adjust for actual head at the site; 4) bolted assembly.

(3) Micro-Hydropower Schemes in Pakistan

Village electrification is being done in Pakistan using a variety of design simplifications, low-cost locally made turbines, Chinese generators, and village materials and labor. In the range of 5-15 kw that attracted great interest and enthusiasm in the villages. The crossflow turbines have rudimentary governing systems. Penstock for water delivery from the canal to the turbine is made of wood or oil drums

if the head is less than 6 meters. Costs were US $250-400/kw