HUGE gas bill!

hey did anyone else get a massive gas bill this month? my measured quantity is around 400 (which is normal) and the mmbtu is 27 (which is normally around 4 or 7) and the payable amount is 7000!

???

I dont get it ?

So they are charging you more for the same units. I'll

take a look at ours for this month. I know last month

we actually had a normal bill.

Sheikh 'Ssssssss' Chilli

mine came around 5000 this bill, and I haven't used any gas lately except for cooking and hot water geyser and just one person in my house basically! I made a complaint to suigas and they said they would check the meter but so far no one has came. I forget the exact measurement but the exact time last year was .5 usage and this time it was like 3.9. Even though this year was warmer. Who can you complain too?

I got Gas bill of 97,000 Rupees. Yes, 97k..

My sui gas was leaking for about 6months.. but it was reduced to 7,000 after that..

I have heard a lot of my friends complaining about their Gas bills being inflated. One couple I know who had gone to complain, made such a scene at the Gas company, that they reduced the bill to almost half.

Crazy people have now invaded a company that used to be actually good.

we received gas bill of PKR 5800,

we are using 6kVa gas generator... last year in the same season bill used to be about 3000 :|

About gas leakage, here's one example that I have

witnessed first-hand.

One should shut-off all the gas appliances by turning

off the valves next to them on the gas line of stoves,

geysers, gensets. Then check the gas meter. If it is

still turning then you have a gas leak and should

check all the valves with soapy/bubbly water.

Also, check the meter itself, for gas is also known to

leak from it's seams or where you have made conn-

ection for your home.

Sheikh 'Leaky' Chilli

I have heard about a gas bill of 2,620,000,000 /-PKR. This is what we call huge.

I got bill of Rs.7100 for March. But We are also using 10kva Gas generator.

My father got a bill of around 50 Lakh Rupees. Can u even imagine that?

Thank God, It was reduced to around 18k of four or five months.

You can yourself see the difference there? The clerk was like kah "logon kay 2 crore bhi atay hain".. What the..

Kahan 50 Lakh and Kahan 18 thousand.

I've heard that the sui gas authority has a pic of your meter as a proof of your reading. They can re-check the reading through it.

@above

yes you are very right

SNGPL has now started to take a pic of meters at the time of reading, but the false readings are being generated due to some faulty software application.

@archim3des : i've heard stories of unjust bills. Just like my father got a huge bill last month.

You should contact the respected authority and make it rectified.

Inflated bills are 99% related to user's fault & most likely a faulty geyser. For a normal user, if it exceeds Rs. 700 then check your appliances especially geyser. don't blame gas company, . Save your country's precious energy resources!

^ An internal gas leak is pretty easy to detect due to the smell. Usually the gas company is to blame...

i have 130 pkr bill in march i use 3.0 kv sui gas generater and hot water and for cooking

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

@above

yes you are very right

SNGPL has now started to take a pic of meters at the time of reading, but the false readings are being generated due to some faulty software application.

[/quote]

When a new meter is installed, it’s bill isn’t generated until 3 months have passed? This is what we’re told since haven’t received a single bill in 3 months time, it’s not generated either since I tried to pull it up on SNGPL website. What is the reason for this?

and haven’t seen the meter reader with a camera yet.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^ An internal gas leak is pretty easy to detect due to the smell. Usually the gas company is to blame…
[/quote]

geyser fault is not related to leakage but to faulty thermostat, regardless of it is on low or high, it just keep burning 24 hours full speed. Since no strict quality standards from the government for the manufacturers, cheap geysers are ultimately the main culprits.

^ if the geyser continues to burn for 24 hours at full speed than according to my assumption, what u would get would be something near to boiling water.

So ultimately the person will have to get it repaired or buy a new one.

don't replace the whole geyser just replace with good Thermostat its just like around 3000-4000 new

and Refurbished 1300-1800 Rs > I replace my broken Thermo with refurbished one UNITROL...In most good geyser i have seen unitrol comes with geyser ....