Huawei P8 ~vs~ LG G4

I have never owned either of these brands, nor have I

had the opportunity to play around with these phones.

I have compared the specs on paper and LG G4 seems

superior wrt camera & screen resolution to the Huawei P8.

I am not too sure how both processors, GPUs, softwares,

and UI actually compare. And users on websites aren't

too forthcoming about such

matters.

If you were given the choice between the two, which one

would you pick, and why ?.

Sheikh 'Moving On Up...' Chilli

Hmm... both of them are good options. I'll mention their advantages over each other and then you can make your own mind. I will honestly try to keep it as unbiased as i can, for this reason I even took the additional step of reading a detailed review of the P8 just for the sake of giving a more precise suggestion.

LG G4's Advantages:

*Better camera (no doubts about it, it is ranked as one of the best cameras by critics and users alike)

*Better gaming performance (The CPU performance of both CPUs are on par, but the GPU on the Huawei device is quite weaker, and thus not suitable for playing heavy games)

Huawei P8's Advantages:

*Dual-Sim

*Better design (subject to opinion)

There you go, these are all the realistic differences between the two. If you want better specs on paper, then G4 can get a few more lines in that regard, but realistically, the differences i mentioned are the only ones that matter.

As for disadvantages, neither of the phones have any major weaknesses (in comparison or otherwise) so i would say you'd be fine with either.

There you go, I hope my input helps you in making your decision.

LG G4 !! one line response .. btw what is your budget and are your planning new one ??

^ Haha, usually I'd also give a reply like that, but as of late I'm trying to keep a unbiased look towards everything (both personally, and with my persona). Hence the reply i gave.

-----

I forgot to mention one thing though, Huawei phones have lower resale value than LG, but LG itself has lower resale value compared to Samsung/Sony, so it's not really that big of a deal.

He also asked which phone i would pick, well in this instance, i can mention that i would choose LG G4 as well. It is overall a better phone in my opinion.

@shiekh

G4.. bar none... if on buget.. G3 is almost the same thing..

Forget the specs, all modern phones are really fast these days.. cant notice difference in speed anyways..

focusing on the real practical usage of these LG phones..

1 - Once you get the shashka of the double tap to turn screen on off.. you will really really have a hard time using any other phone.This alone is

2 - the software on LG phones is very fast, least buggy, smooth and has many practical features rarely found on Samsung and sony phones. great experience

3 - LG has almost the best screen in terms of colors naturalness and resolution since G3. G4 is almsot same, which is 9.5/10

4 - G4 has a great battery life.

5 - if you are the sort who like accesories, LG phones have the very practical Circle casing (read about them) compared to the Dot case disco club of HTC, and the S flip of samsung.

6 - LG phones get a lot of software updates even when samsung retires their flagships..also modding community is brilliant fr lg, especially the G series..

Cons: due to the very large screen n a very small body, with almost no borders, the main buttons are on screen , so it takes a getting used to of them to bring them on in other software by a swipe, which soon becomes second nature and very easy, but first time it seems a little odd.

or

if you have very small hands.

G4 has one of the best displays and camera on the market.

Some neat tricks too like 4th menu pull down button comes handy on big screen phone. Then there is knock on/off feature.

It pulls around 6 hour SOT for me with 3G connected all the time.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

^ Agreed on both points. Both the camera and display are top notch, unlike it's predecessor. The newly released V10 has all that, plus visual appeal (steel body, always active notifications via secondary screen, etc). Some of the specs have also been bumped, but overall it's not a recommendable upgrade over G4. For those who're yet to buy a flagship though, i would certainly recommend them either the V10 or the G4 depending on their price range.

Thanks yall for the excellent feedback. I have, since then, looked at

any problems with the G4 and only a heating issue and automatically

turning off, have come up. I don't anticipate playing games on it, so

not too much of a concern.

After watching this video, a comparison of benchmarks between

the P8, G4 and Samsung S6 Edge, P8 is out of the running. But

now, I wonder if it is even fair to compare the G4 with the S6 Edge,

since they are in a different weight class (Rs. 45K v 70k).

No doubt G4 is undefeated in it's weight class, but can one really

claim that it is 'the' best of all ?. Really impressed with the photo

quality of the S6, compared to the G4. The colours and clarity of

the images (they call it over-saturation), especially in dimly lit

situations. However, on paper it's the G4 that has the f1.8 aperture

compared to the f1.9 of the S6 Edge.

Anyway, I don't foresee myself going over 50K for a phone, ever.

Specially given the security situation in Karachi, where every day

100 phones reportedly get snatched, and many more that never are.

I heard LG is working on a spectacular G5 for early next year

launch, which will be the first phone to have a retina-scanner, a

20MP camera, etc, etc. They probably want to go head-to-head

with the Samsung big boys in the Heavyweight division.

Sheikh 'G For Goat' Chilli

[quote=“sheikh_chilli, post:8, topic:22317”]

But now, I wonder if it is even fair to compare the G4 with the S6 Edge,

No doubt G4 is undefeated in it’s weight class, but can one really

claim that it is ‘the’ best of all ?. Really impressed with the photo

quality of the S6, compared to the G4. The colours and clarity of

the images (they call it over-saturation), especially in dimly lit

situations. However, on paper it’s the G4 that has the f1.8 aperture

compared to the f1.9 of the S6 Edge.

I heard LG is working on a spectacular G5 for early next year

launch, which will be the first phone to have a retina-scanner, a

20MP camera, etc, etc. They probably want to go head-to-head

with the Samsung big boys in the Heavyweight division.

Sheikh ‘G For Goat’ Chilli

[/quote]

It’s not like that at all. LG has been owning Samsung since their LG G lineup.

LG Optimus G > Samsung S3

LG G2 > Samsung S4

LG G3 > Samsung S5

LG G4 > Samsung S6

LG V10 > Samsung S6 EDGE Plus

Samsung always has inferior build quality. Inferior UI/software. Inferior battery life. Inferior addons. Inferior bang for the buck. The only areas where Samsung is ever slightly ahead is the camera department (subject to debate, not everyone prefers over-saturated palette, most pros prefer accurate palette) & display contrast (a feature exclusive to AMOLED screens), but even here the differences lately are so negligible as to not matter. The only reason Samsung sells better is due to brand value.

Also, the first phones to have a retina scanner are Microsoft Lumia 950 / 950 XL which are releasing next month… they also have some of the most advanced 20mp sensors on board…

The more you know, chilli. ;)

as said above, LG have ruled the roster since the G series indeed.. not only samsung but almost every other brand as well..

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

But now, I wonder if it is even fair to compare the G4 with the S6 Edge,

No doubt G4 is undefeated in it's weight class, but can one really

claim that it is 'the' best of all ?

[/quote]

if price determined the weight class then One plus would be in the same class as a galaxy S4 right now..

as for not being able to compete in the same weight class, LG trumps every thing in its weight class because it offers the SAME or BETTER specs and FEATURES (not same as specs) than majority of the competition at almost 2/3 or half the price (eg vs apple and samsung flagships) thats why they are actually hitting a lot above their weight class, which make them the Floyd mayweather of mobiles :D

Really looking forward to the V10 as its size and metallic build would be a good upgrade for my beloved G3..plus all the already great existing FEATURES and anything new LG might throw in it//

Yeah LG G4 is one of the best phone in $450 price range in the market. Even LG G4 has beaten OnePlus Two and Samsung Galaxy S6 in many aspects.

G4 has one of the best displays and camera on the market but now LG V10 is here, i would recommend LG V10