HTC WildFire S? I am little confused

Friends I am little confused.

Brightex is selling Wildfire S for Rs 28000 http://www.brightex.net.pk/htc-mobiles/htc-wildfire-s.html

A shop in Barkat Market Garden town is offering this mobile fone in 23000.

A shop in Hafeez center is asking 21000 for same phone.

Now i am confused, why there is a huge price difference?

What you suggest, from where i should buy this fone?

HTC is reliable brand?

Or Samsung galaxy gio is better option?

Please please please suggest.

Wilfire S is an old phone. Brightex is the distributor for HTC and has to maintain the minimum retail price point. The shop owners can price the phone according to market trends so the phone is priced lower there.

[quote=“greatlogix, post:, topic:”]

HTC is reliable brand?

Or Samsung galaxy gio is better option?

Please please please suggest.

[/quote]

If you are willing to spend around or above 20K, why go for a lower end phone ? You can buy an excellent condition used Galaxy S I9000 in this price or a little higher. I bet you will not regret it.

[quote=“Asad, post:2, topic:16453”]

Wilfire S is an old phone. Brightex is the distributor for HTC and has to maintain the minimum retail price point. The shop owners can price the phone according to market trends so the phone is priced lower there.

[/quote]

So no problem if i get it from the shop, who is offering it in 21K? (I am afraid of china copy of the phone set)

Thanks Ijaz Ahmed for suggestion. I am looking for new set. I know you are electorincs and mobile geek, based on your experince, what you suggest HTC or samsung?

[quote=", post:3, topic:16453"]

If you are willing to spend around or above 20K, why go for a lower end phone ? You can buy an excellent condition used Galaxy S I9000 in this price or a little higher. I bet you will not regret it.

[/quote]

It has one problem though there is no camera flash.

Galaxy Ace Plus S7500 is going to be released in some days, and price may be around 25-30K. It looks a better option to me in this price range.

All new phones are available at Home Shopping PK and their prices also seem a bit low than others. I've no experience of buying from them yet, but people do trust them as can be seen in different forums.

[quote=“greatlogix, post:4, topic:16453”]

Thanks Ijaz Ahmed for suggestion. I am looking for new set. I know you are electorincs and mobile geek, based on your experince, what you suggest HTC or samsung?

[/quote]

I just had a quick look at the specifications, and overall the HTC Wildfire S is better but Gio has 800MHz processor and better battery while HTC Wildfire has 600MHz but has 512MB RAM.

I would personally go for a faster processor since Gingerbread needs faster processing speeds.

[quote=“yousaf465, post:5, topic:16453”]

It has one problem though there is no camera flash.

[/quote]

I have this phone and I miss the LED flash light but only during the load shedding, never needed while taking pictures (the camera is a great low light performer)

[quote=", post:8, topic:16453"]

I have this phone and I miss the LED flash light but only during the load shedding, never needed while taking pictures (the camera is a great low light performer)

[/quote]

Have you tried taking pic of some thing under the glass cover college noticeboard etc ? How much a second hand iphone 3gs cost ?

What about "HTC Rezound"

http://www.priceinpa...ce-in-pakistan/

better than gio and wildfire?

Edit: I just noticed its not GSM. Its CDMA

[quote=“greatlogix, post:10, topic:16453”]

What about “HTC Rezound”

http://www.priceinpa…ce-in-pakistan/

better than gio and wildfire?

[/quote]

if its 21K then it sure looks pretty with the specs it has.

huh? on the top it says 21K and at the bottom it says:

“The estimated retail price for the HTC Rezound in Pakistan will be approximately:Rs.55,500/-”

[quote=“Mazahyr, post:11, topic:16453”]

“The estimated retail price for the HTC Rezound in Pakistan will be approximately:Rs.55,500/-”

[/quote]

OUCH

I think i should go for GIO

[quote=“greatlogix, post:12, topic:16453”]

OUCH

I think i should go for GIO

[/quote]

I literally got astonished by the specs of this phone. And I was about to make my mind to buy it…but then 55K…meh! some other day maybe.

Whats wrong with HTC Explorer? Have you considered that? It has ARM v7 processor. I cant emphasize that enough. It is better than everything you get for 22k or lower.

[quote=“hawker, post:14, topic:16453”]

Whats wrong with HTC Explorer? Have you considered that? It has ARM v7 processor. I cant emphasize that enough. It is better than everything you get for 22k or lower.

[/quote]

HTC explorer in my view is good specially with Mobilink offer…16K is good. But the problem is its not frequently available at mobilink’s outlets.

Honestly speaking you shouldn't buy an Android phone having a screen smaller than 3.5 inches and a processor lower than 1 Ghz. Thats the bare minimum. Also I would suggest you go with Samsung phones because they are mostly first to get updates. Increase your budget a bit and get a used Samsung Galaxy S instead.

[quote=“rnathbatra, post:16, topic:16453”]

Honestly speaking you shouldn’t buy an Android phone having a screen smaller than 3.5 inches and a processor lower than 1 Ghz. Thats the bare minimum. Also I would suggest you go with Samsung phones because they are mostly first to get updates. Increase your budget a bit and get a used Samsung Galaxy S instead.

[/quote]

how much will a used Samsung Galaxy S will cost ?

even a new Galaxy S is available for 35k

http://homeshopping.pk/products/Samsung-Galaxy-S-in-Pakistan.html