HP Laptop flickering problem and Warranty Claim

Hi,

I am having flickering problem on my HP DV5, which I bought from US. The flickering also happens in BIOS but NOT in external monitor. I contacted HP USA and they said the lcd needs to be replaced which will be done free in HP USA Service Centre as the laptop is still under warranty. When I said I am in Pakistan they suggested to contact HP Pakistan Service Centre.

I contacted HP Pakistan(Mushko), they are agreeing to process the case under the warranty but saying that any part replacement will take 4-8 weeks.

I also went to techno city, karachi and there the lcd will be replaced for Rs.6000-10,000 in 15 minutes.

Should I give the laptop to Mushko?

Please advice.

Thanks.

Yes.

Is it safe to give them the laptop for 4-8 weeks?

Most probably they will send your laptop via courier to US and get its lcd replaced or maybe they will send defective lcd and will get new in return,that's why they want 4-8 weeks. You could simply ask them if you could keep the laptop with you and then contact them in 8 weeks once they get the replacement part .

@nab

There are several others on the list, you can try an other one.

http://h20533.www2.hp.com/country/pk/en/welcome.html

and yes they are the authorized distributors, SMBs you can hand it over to them with your own satisfaction. but 4-8 weeks is some thing more than enough I think. visit any other one and see what they say. Also tell them you can't afford for so long. They usually do have spare parts for warranty claims, but they mostly use them for personal references and ask other customers to wait. It depends on the nature of their business.

To your other option of replacing it through techno city, I am negative to this option. only go for the trusty dealers. beyond that going to any third shop will void your warranty. You should claim it according to the HP's policy.

but be careful with them sometimes they may do their aadit.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

but be careful with them sometimes they may do their aadit.
[/quote]

aadit means?

Actually you should get it replaced but sometimes they will replace it some a another faulty piece which they might have. So do note the serial number of your product and also check whether the replaced item has any defects or is broken from somewhere.

Is your Laptop under International Warranty?

Is your Laptop under International Warranty?
[/quote]

I am not sure about that. I bought it from hp.com in US and did not buy any extra/optional/extended warranty. Just the normal warranty.

@nab

don't bother yourself... if Mushko accepted(as you clarify in opening post) to take care of your HP laptop completely under warranty, that means your warranty was applicable here...

If you really want this issue be fixed then you need to go to any distributor who is dealing with HP. the link I have posted in my earlier post, does contain a list of dealers and distributors...

@nab

and yes they are the authorized distributors, SMBs you can hand it over to them with your own satisfaction. but 4-8 weeks is some thing more than enough I think. visit any other one and see what they say. Also tell them you can’t afford for so long. They usually do have spare parts for warranty claims, but they mostly use them for personal references and ask other customers to wait. It depends on the nature of their business.

To your other option of replacing it through techno city, I am negative to this option. only go for the trusty dealers. beyond that going to any third shop will void your warranty. You should claim it according to the HP’s policy.

[/quote][quote=", post:, topic:"]
@nab

don’t bother yourself… if Mushko accepted(as you clarify in opening post) to take care of your HP laptop completely under warranty, that means your warranty was applicable here…

If you really want this issue be fixed then you need to go to any distributor who is dealing with HP. the link I have posted in my earlier post, does contain a list of dealers and distributors…

[/quote]

KA thank you ever so much for guiding me. I contacted New Horizon from the list you mentioned, and got a positive response.

After checking my Proof of Payment, they said your lcd will come in 1-2 weeks. They did not even check or keep my notebook.

After 2 weeks they called and said your lcd is here. I went with my notebook and in 30 minutes they changed the whole lcd!

So KA thank you very much for helping and giving your advice.

I really appreciate it!

Nabeel.

^ my pleasure. It's really good to hear that :)

best of luck with your new LCD.

^ my pleasure. It’s really good to hear that :)

[/quote]

Thanks!

@nab

and yes they are the authorized distributors, SMBs you can hand it over to them with your own satisfaction. but 4-8 weeks is some thing more than enough I think. visit any other one and see what they say. Also tell them you can’t afford for so long. They usually do have spare parts for warranty claims, but they mostly use them for personal references and ask other customers to wait. It depends on the nature of their business.

To your other option of replacing it through techno city, I am negative to this option. only go for the trusty dealers. beyond that going to any third shop will void your warranty. You should claim it according to the HP’s policy.

[/quote][quote=", post:, topic:"]
@nab

don’t bother yourself… if Mushko accepted(as you clarify in opening post) to take care of your HP laptop completely under warranty, that means your warranty was applicable here…

If you really want this issue be fixed then you need to go to any distributor who is dealing with HP. the link I have posted in my earlier post, does contain a list of dealers and distributors…

[/quote]

KA thank you ever so much for guiding me. I contacted New Horizon from the list you mentioned, and got a positive response.

After checking my Proof of Payment, they said your lcd will come in 1-2 weeks. They did not even check or keep my notebook.

After 2 weeks they called and said your lcd is here. I went with my notebook and in 30 minutes they changed the whole lcd!

So KA thank you very much for helping and giving your advice.

I really appreciate it!

Nabeel.

^ my pleasure. It's really good to hear that :)

^ my pleasure. It’s really good to hear that :)

[/quote]

Thanks!

Hey Guys I need some help I bought laptop in Toronto, Canada few months ago still under warranty as a gift for my father send it to him in karachi, Pakistan screen start flickering as mention above by other menebers I told him to go to New Horizon he went there and they told him it's not covered and go to Mushko they also told him to call Dubai or singapore to get it fixed he is geting a run a round can anyone tell me how this problem can e resolved also the guy bought it in US if you reading this do you know who you contacted at New Horizon. Any help appreciated

i think your warranty is not intl. one.

I thought all HP laptop comes with international warranty when you buy them in US or Canada but I called New Horizon and spoke to Qaiser Head of Business Development and Strategies he was very helpfull and directed me to support team where Akber took over and he was also helpful and they asked my Dad to bring the laptop and took the inforamtion now wating for singapore to reply if it's covered or not but I have to say New Horizon was very helpful.....