How WiredPakistan works!

Hello and Salams !!

I am using wiredpakistan.com from past 1 year but i was registered later .. In this period i can't find out how WP is running .. I mean there are no ADS placed on it and how the owner manages to pay server costs etc ? . . Although its very low but still not free..

Why the owner don't want to earn ?

Money is not everything. :)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Money is not everything. :)
[/quote]

U are Right Asad…But tell me plz wot s the Vision and Mission of Wired Pakistan Forum?

@smartboy6637

Give some chanda lol

U are Right Asad…But tell me plz wot s the Vision and Mission of Wired Pakistan Forum?

[/quote]

i would like to know that too

The vision and mission of WP is to provide a high quality forum for technological news and debate particularly related to Pakistan.

[/quote]

I think you should have known it yourself yet so far. that what is the vision and mission of WP forums.

you always read other threads/posts, solve other’s problems about tech things or post your problems to get them solved. I think these things that what is happening around inside the forums give a clear idea that what the Forums are providing…

and sah obviously has briefed in a single line.

it is very rare that someone has a lot of traffic but not ads placed......

for exaple a forum naming digital point (dp) http://forums.digitalpoint.com , dont know from where is it being running (i think it is indian ) have

Threads: 1,410,610, Posts: 11,731,382, Members: 306,157, Active Members: 70,391 at this moment

and they have placed google ads on every page..... making a high revenue (i think) .... if wired pakistan also publishes text ads , i dont think there is anything bad in this regard ...... :)

The vision and mission of WP is to provide a high quality forum for technological news and debate particularly related to Pakistan.
[/quote]

I appreciate :)

it is very rare that someone has a lot of traffic but not ads placed…

for exaple a forum naming digital point (dp) http://forums.digitalpoint.com , dont know from where is it being running (i think it is indian ) have

Threads: 1,410,610, Posts: 11,731,382, Members: 306,157, Active Members: 70,391 at this moment

and they have placed google ads on every page… making a high revenue (i think) … if wired pakistan also publishes text ads , i dont think there is anything bad in this regard … :)

[/quote]

it’s not indian.

forums owner name is Shawn Michal living in USA

@smartboy6637

Give some chanda lol

[/quote]

i agree :)

and the running cost is not SO high so one cant afford by the way .

@ ALL especially the admin and mods

yea money is not every thing but you can place ads and from that revenue you can help poor people or give the revenue to some charity funds or hospitals ..

i would have placed at least one vertical banner at top if i was owner of WP , its great platform and only Pakistani forum i am proud to be a member off ;)

The forum is paid for and owned by KO. This issue of advertisements has been raised time and time again and it has been noted. These days he is busy, but there are possible plans to include ads etc. in the future. At the end of the day it is up to KO to do whatever he wants, so it is a rather pointless debate!

I hate ads on any type of websites, ads are annoying and shouldn't be placed.

atleast i hope ads doesn't get placed here on WP.

I hate ads on any type of websites, ads are annoying and shouldn’t be placed.

atleast i hope ads doesn’t get placed here on WP.

[/quote]

If any website is providing you useful material or any entertaining material for free , actually its free for the visitor but not for the webmaster so ads are placed to recover the server costs and to earn some pocket money , Thats it !!

@ ALL especially the admin and mods

yea money is not every thing but you can place ads and from that revenue you can help poor people or give the revenue to some charity funds or hospitals …

[/quote]

x2, that came to my mind when I read an article from Jimmy Wales on how people will lose the spirit to contribute if Wikipedia placed ads. However, here I doubt there’ll be that much revenue. They can set up a system where visitors see ads or members upto a certain number of posts see ads/registered for a certain amount of time don’t have to see ads as it wouldn’t effect most of us users then.

@bellskar

Dude though I know wot s the Vision and Mission of WP but i wanted it in a single well defined phrase..........as described beautifully by Sah!

@Sah

Thanx Mod!

@Ultimate

I agree with U! Bombardment of Ads destroy the beauty of any Forum!

@All Members!

It s my opinion and u can differ with that of mine! But concentrate on our WP Forum...and One can easily assess the Beauty..........which arises from its Simple and Unique Outlook!

agree with Ultimate. i dont want Ads here on WP too.

Plus Ads make site Heavy. and i think there are many members here on WP used Dial-Up Connection.

NO to ads. it annoys me too