How to use DSL at two pcs?

I want to use ptcl dsl at my other pc too so how to connect two pcs at one dsl.

Both windows are xp pack2 and have lan card installed one is working and another needs to setup.

Buy a router and connects it to your modem. Then use the router to connect to your computers.

^ in case of the modem given by ptcl jalpari only needs a switch coz the PTCL modem has a DHCP server and a NAT built in

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^ in case of the modem given by ptcl jalpari only needs a switch coz the PTCL modem has a DHCP server and a NAT built in
[/quote]

Correct!

[/quote]

Which switch do i need?

Buy a router and connects it to your modem. Then use the router to connect to your computers.
[/quote]

2 or Less than 3 pcs do not need to connect to router

the same holds for laptops too...No need to build wifi environment..isnt it...

[/quote][quote=", post:, topic:"]
2 or Less than 3 pcs do not need to connect to router
[/quote]

both correct.

the same holds for laptops too…No need to build wifi environment…isnt it…
[/quote]

although it is correct but y do u want to destroy the mobility-fun of laptop. i guess some kind wireless switches should also be available in the market.

Which switch do i need?

[/quote]

any off the shelf switch will do

i guess some kind wireless switches should also be available in the market.

[/quote]

I haven’t heard of wireless switch!!!

and one more thong that I have seen the prices of router WRT54GS,they are quite higher(above 4000R.s) while I had read on WP forums that they are about 3000R.s

:|

[/quote]

i dont know the price and dont know from where they can be found but here are some samples of Motrola wireless switches:

http://www.motorola.com/business/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=9d9de90e3ae95110VgnVCM1000008406b00aRCRD

i these must be available at motrola’s sales offices in Pakistan.

well you have 2 options.

1) you can connect to the other computer via router

2) or you can buy a wireless router and share your internet that way.

Try the Linksys WRT54G2 wireless router.. it is cheaper than WRT45G and has 4 ethernet ports so you can connect it to ur pc's with LAN card and also you can connect any WLAN device with it e.g. Laptop, Wi-Fi Enabled Mobile Phone

[/quote]

Wireless Access Point (WAP) is the name give to the equivalent of a switch in a Wireless LAN.

A simple way can be that ptcl is now giving new modems other than Shiro and ZTE. but these are only used for special connections where the distance is long or other problems. the main advantage is that the new modems have upto 4 ethernet ports....

So make a call to 1218 ask for technician, and then by some means show them that you connection is not working well on the supplied modem ask for new modem... thats it..

by the way one of my friend did the same ... (CANTT Exchange Lahore)

What is the best ADSL2+ and wireless router in one box ? Linksys or D-Link or TP-Link ? Which one do you recommend.

Linksys all the way!!(Y)