How to unlock a phone?

Can i unlock a cell phone myself? Or do i have to take it to the market and pay them to get it unlocked.

The phone in question is a n95 sent from the UK. If someone has any info about this then please share.

Unlock as in:

1 - Operator lock

2 - Security code lock

3 - PIN lock (need PUK code to work around it)

nope u cant unlock N95 by urself coz it requires "opening" of handset. so u should take it to a mobile shop.

to know how they will unlock it check this video

their is also another option for u it is called Magic Sim or Super sim this sim will make ur fone to think that it is using the same sim which it is locked to so no opening of fone but will not permanently unlock ur fone. for permanent u have to give ur fone to shop.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Unlock as in:

1 - Operator lock

2 - Security code lock

3 - PIN lock (need PUK code to work around it)

[/quote]

i.e. Operator lock.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

nope u cant unlock N95 by urself coz it requires “opening” of handset. so u should take it to a mobile shop.

to know how they will unlock it check this video

their is also another option for u it is called Magic Sim or Super sim this sim will make ur fone to think that it is using the same sim which it is locked to so no opening of fone but will not permanently unlock ur fone. for permanent u have to give ur fone to shop.

[/quote]

Oh, if you put it that way. hmmm

I always thought it was something simple, which could be done easily. What i dont understand is why the operators sell these locked phones when unlocking them is so cheap and legal.

Btw i guess i am gonna ask the sender to unlock it before sending it. There are no shops here that can unlock phones. There's only this shop where you submit your phone and they send it to karachi, it takes weeks.

well unlocking of fones like Nseries takes several years of work of hacker it was not an easy task. even now some of latest model like N82 N95 8GB and upcoming nokia n96 are still not unlockable even after opening of set.

so the only option remains is magic sim.

operator sell them bcoz they subsidize the handset price and they dont want the user to use other network, O2 in uk sells unlocked sets, so in future when u want to have fone from uk ask the sender to buy it from O2.