How to transfer over 10GB data from laptop to PC?

I have over 10GB of data in laptop (videos / photos) which I want to transfer to PC. I don't have USB more than 2GB.

What's the best way to transfer files to PC?

folder sharing via network

Your PC and Laptop are network enabled (wired or Wireless) right? Make sure both are on same workgroup.

you can share/ copy-paste files between the twos like you do in different folders.

try teamviewer

Best way is to use wired network between the two. It will be faster than wireless transfer.

10 GB and you are worried it's easy peasy if your laptop and pc are in same LAN just use some software like Real VNC or something or use the windows builtin sharing folder option if you have some know how about that.

OR

borrow a external hdd or usb from your friend or something.

OR

didn't make sense....... jump of a cliff.....lemming.

[quote=“shafiq, post:3, topic:21988”]

Your PC and Laptop are network enabled (wired or Wireless) right? Make sure both are on same workgroup.

you can share/ copy-paste files between the twos like you do in different folders.

[/quote]

[quote="tufail_74, post:2, topic:21988"]

folder sharing via network

[/quote]

How? Should I need to insert one end of of LAN cable in laptop and other end in PC and I can transfer files?

you can transfer using a ptcl router 2 Ethernet cables + a working brain but if you don't have any of these then borrow or buy a 3.0 USB flash drive 16GB

[quote=“jani, post:7, topic:21988”]

How? Should I need to insert one end of of LAN cable in laptop and other end in PC and I can transfer files?

[/quote]

Daniel-Bryan-Royal-Rumble-Outrage-3.jpg

Connect via network. Alternatively, use WinRAR to compress and split the archive into smaller sized files which you can copy with 2GB USB drive.

Alternate through FTP server:

1) Install this on your laptop (http://www.pendriveapps.com/quickn-easy-ftp-server-lite/) and set it up, you need to set a username and the home directory to the directory which contains your data .... there is a friendly wizard to set these up.

2) Disable the firewall on your laptop

3) Find the LAN ip address of your laptop (type in 'ipconfig' in command prompt)

4) On you PC open "My Computer" and type in ftp:\\your_ip_from_step_3 in the address bar at the top. You will be asked to enter the user credentials you set in step 1 and can then view and download your files.

I don't know your networking know-how so if any step requires further elaboration let me know.

Which Internet service you have? does it include a router with more than one Ethernet ports?

If YES,

1- Just plug you both PCs in two available Ethernet ports

2- Make sure both PCs are on same WORKGROUP

3- Enable network and sharing

If NOT than

1- You NEED a CROSSOVER Ethernet cable. What is Crossover cable?

2- Plug each end of the Ethernet cable into an Ethernet network port on each computer to connect the computers together with the cable.

3- Go to networks

4- Enable network and sharing

5- You may need admin password for both of the computers.

copy in chunk bro............. 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2=5gb

[quote=“gbaz, post:13, topic:21988”]

[/quote]

WINNER

[quote=“mateen.khalid, post:14, topic:21988”]

WINNER

[/quote]

[quote="gbaz, post:13, topic:21988"]

[/quote]

extremely in-efficient and time consuming. time is money remember.

No its not..!!!

Time is not money for everyone. It depends on your rate of pay.

[quote=", post:17, topic:21988"]

[/quote]

what kind of lame logic is that :P

[quote=“MrKamran, post:18, topic:21988”]

what kind of lame logic is that :P

[/quote]
What kind of lame reply is that.
:P

[quote=", post:19, topic:21988"]

What kind of lame reply is that. :P

[/quote]

what kind of stupid reply is that :P