How to terminate PTCL DSL?

Hello Folks,

i want to terminate my PTCL DSL can any body guide me the process how can i do this, can i ask PTCL to terminate/Suspend my DSL service on phone ?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Hello Folks,

i want to terminate my PTCL DSL can any body guide me the process how can i do this, can i ask PTCL to terminate/Suspend my DSL service on phone ?

[/quote]

The process which I followed a year ago was that I wrote an application to Manager Broadband Ptcl for the termination of DSL and after termination I gave application for termination of phone line. You will have to bring your DSL modem along with your application. NO TERMINATION ON HELP LINE!

The process which I followed a year ago was that I wrote an application to Manager Broadband Ptcl for the termination of DSL and after termination I gave application for termination of phone line. You will have to bring your DSL modem along with your application. NO TERMINATION ON HELP LINE!

[/quote]

i today called @ 1218 they said you can do terminate by calling @ 1236 but it is quite busy :S

i today called @ 1218 they said you can do terminate by calling @ 1236 but it is quite busy :S

[/quote]

That’s gud if termination through Help line is possible because writing/typing an application and submitting it is quite a waste of time and fuel. A year ago termination was only possible by returning DSL Modem and by giving application.

That’s gud if termination through Help line is possible because writing/typing an application and submitting it is quite a waste of time and fuel. A year ago termination was only possible by returning DSL Modem and by giving application.

[/quote]

there no possibility to terminate via help line u must have to visit your nearest xchange office along with modem and application then they we terminate your DSL in few days

i also remember it was an year ago i visited the exchange with my modem and said i want to terminate the connection and he verified all the stock and gave me a slip and said it would be terminated within 3 to 4days since then i am having a peace of mind

i also remember it was an year ago i visited the exchange with my modem and said i want to terminate the connection and he verified all the stock and gave me a slip and said it would be terminated within 3 to 4days since then i am having a peace of mind
[/quote]

i have to return modem also ?? as far as i know modem will be my property after completing one yr contract and i am terminating my DSL after 2 and half year , still i have to return modem ?

Did you pay for the moden if yes then its yours to keep if not then its not urs to keep. simple as that.

i have to return modem also ?? as far as i know modem will be my property after completing one yr contract and i am terminating my DSL after 2 and half year , still i have to return modem ?

[/quote]

No bro u don’t have to return your modem its yours now enjoyyyyyy just go along with application in my case I didn’t complete one year that’s why I returned my modem

[/quote]

That was the old policy, according to new policy you always have to return the modem,

I wonder what they do with this old junk, as recently i visited the EGERTON ROAD LAHORE office (Which serves as Broadband/IPTV HQ) i saw thousands of Shiro modems deteriorating in a store, i wish i could have captured a snap for you guys.

That was the old policy, according to new policy you always have to return the modem,

I wonder what they do with this old junk, as recently i visited the EGERTON ROAD LAHORE office (Which serves as Broadband/IPTV HQ) i saw thousands of Shiro modems deteriorating in a store, i wish i could have captured a snap for you guys.

[/quote]

new policy is also applied on customer … interesting … PTCL one shop will fulfill my requirement or i have to go to local exchange ?

A bit off-topic question, what are u going to get, once you terminate PTCL DSL ?

A bit off-topic question, what are u going to get, once you terminate PTCL DSL ?
[/quote]

using LDN and quite satisfied with it , due to recent upgrades PTCL line issues so i was sick of PTCL support

DjNOMI : So you will use LDN on copper line.Gud bye to ONU aswell? :P

DjNOMI : So you will use LDN on copper line.Gud bye to ONU aswell? :P
[/quote]

yes my friend i was using 2M and was quite satisfied with PTCL but now no more 2MB and 4MB having issues on my ONU so i will better stick to 2MB on LDN

yes my friend i was using 2M and was quite satisfied with PTCL but now no more 2MB and 4MB having issues on my ONU so i will better stick to 2MB on LDN

[/quote]

I think you are on Multan Road Exchange also, i will do the same as soon as i get DSL installed on my Mustafa Town Line :D

I think you are on Multan Road Exchange also, i will do the same as soon as i get DSL installed on my Mustafa Town Line :D

[/quote]

i am @ mustafa town

why u guys confusing him ... he just want to know how to terminate his DSL thats its ..... LDN , ONU etc bla bla eeeeehhhh :S

why u guys confusing him … he just want to know how to terminate his DSL thats its … LDN , ONU etc bla bla eeeeehhhh :S
[/quote]

Ehh ,he isn’t but you are :P