I didn't know how aged you were, else I would have ignored this thread fewer times than I have done. To answer your question literally, there are three pukka ways to check if the degree is real:
1. Hold it to the moonlight on a full moon and check the writing on the wall.
2. Bite it, if it bites back, it's good.
3. See if the hologram is real fancy. Real degrees have those.
There is also the Walter White method, the set it free way, and "AAZ's degree is from whore?" test but these can be situational, like life.
My real advice:
1. Enjoy the journey. You will have to study for a Master degree, so why not do a warm up with a Bachelor? If you are freelancing and confident in your skills, you are extremely lucky. Don't be in a hurry to leave, it sounds to me you have a good thing right now.
2. Don't lie. If you're a good person, your head will hang a little lower because you will know you lied and got away with it. May Karma never bite you in the bum.
3.You know what your situation is better than anyone else. Do you get a transcript as well, and is the Master degree in coding or a broader science? Two forks, you the man now dog.