How to tell if a Bachelors Degree is Fake/Real?

I am in a really confusing situation. I am being offered a 'Real' Bachelors degree for a very attractive price. You could argue that it is not really real unless I have earned it. They in the business call it the "Aik Number" degree which is supposedly Real and can be HEC verified, while the "Do Number" degree is simply created on Photoshop on the real paper.

The question: How can I tell if the degree I am paying for is a "Aik Number" or a "Do Number"?? How can I ask HEC to verify my own degree for authenticity?

Well you have to send it to HEC and only they can confirm. What degree is it? and what university/college degree are you offered?

Every uni has a degree verification form from clerical offfice..

however, you should not indulge in such practice.. it is criminal, if caught you could be facing very sever penalty, and lifetime ban on job applications etc.'

just earn it properly , give exams. bachelors arent that difficult.

Put in the four years and earn it honestly instead of getting ripped off and suffering.

BTW, any plans for politics in your future? MPA? MNA? <_<

[quote=", post:2, topic:20241"]

Well you have to send it to HEC and only they can confirm. What degree is it? and what university/college degree are you offered?

[/quote]

It will be a BS (CS) Degree once I pay him. It is a small private university (HEC recognized) cannot mention the name and get the guy in trouble.

[quote="farhan_ds, post:3, topic:20241"]

Every uni has a degree verification form from clerical offfice..

however, you should not indulge in such practice.. it is criminal, if caught you could be facing very sever penalty, and lifetime ban on job applications etc.'

just earn it properly , give exams. bachelors arent that difficult.

[/quote]

I already know how unethical it is and the penalties. I quit my Bachelors a long time ago to write code as a freelancer. It is not about it being difficult, I am literally too old to enroll in a Bachelors degree.

[quote="Asad, post:4, topic:20241"]

Put in the four years and earn it honestly instead of getting ripped off and suffering.

BTW, any plans for politics in your future? MPA? MNA? <_<

[/quote]

There is no suffering, If I get caught I will continue freelancing. Not really, if I succeed I will go for a Masters somewhere abroad. I can write better code than any BS degree holders these universities are producing.

nobody is ever too old to do anything.. in most evening classes there are people who are nearing retirement and are there to further improve qualification so they can go into even better job positions ... that is almost a 55-60 year age range..

You can join VU programmes. No one would complain you are too old there, not even YOU.

I guess he probably be dead by now being old n' all... :wacko:

^ His last post was 1.5 days ago... <_< <_< <_<

Dear OP:

I didn't know how aged you were, else I would have ignored this thread fewer times than I have done. To answer your question literally, there are three pukka ways to check if the degree is real:

1. Hold it to the moonlight on a full moon and check the writing on the wall.

2. Bite it, if it bites back, it's good.

3. See if the hologram is real fancy. Real degrees have those.

There is also the Walter White method, the set it free way, and "AAZ's degree is from whore?" test but these can be situational, like life.

My real advice:

1. Enjoy the journey. You will have to study for a Master degree, so why not do a warm up with a Bachelor? If you are freelancing and confident in your skills, you are extremely lucky. Don't be in a hurry to leave, it sounds to me you have a good thing right now.

2. Don't lie. If you're a good person, your head will hang a little lower because you will know you lied and got away with it. May Karma never bite you in the bum.

3.You know what your situation is better than anyone else. Do you get a transcript as well, and is the Master degree in coding or a broader science? Two forks, you the man now dog.

[quote=“Wire, post:10, topic:20241”]

Dear OP:

I didn't know how aged you were, else I would have ignored this thread fewer times than I have done. To answer your question literally, there are three pukka ways to check if the degree is real:

1. Hold it to the moonlight on a full moon and check the writing on the wall.

2. Bite it, if it bites back, it's good.

3. See if the hologram is real fancy. Real degrees have those.

[/quote]

I tried that, it bit me back... Dam degree got me 14 injections.. :@

should have just paid the 1000rs verification fee.. :(

Some closure for anyone wondering.

I am 30 year old guy and married to a Canadian national. I will be moving to Canada mid 2014.

The reason I don't have a degree is because I have been freelancing and didn't need it to get a job. Going back to school is out of the question as I cant be married at 30 and go on a 6 year journey to get my degree.

Since I don't expect any serious replies here any mods lurking can close the thread, ty.

[quote=“lidhum, post:12, topic:20241”]

I am 30 year old guy and married to a Canadian national. I will be moving to Canada mid 2014.

The reason I don't have a degree is because I have been freelancing and didn't need it to get a job. Going back to school is out of the question as I cant be married at 30 and go on a 6 year journey to get my degree.

Since I don't expect any serious replies here any mods lurking can close the thread, ty.

[/quote]

it is better instead of asking about degrees. you should ask people.. how to be a proper "Ghar Jamai" :P

You remind me a guy i meet in Austria. He told me his story! He married to an Austrian National Girl(Pakistani parents). He came in Austria because of her wife (Ghar baithy visa mil giya). He was also a freelancer in Pakistan these days he works in pizza delivery service in Vienna.

upload.jpg

upload.jpg
[imghttp://www.danreetz.com/Minard_Hall_Collapse/NDSU_Minard_Hall_Collapse_2009_12_27_4pm_South_View_Large.jpg

In_f56424_2427379.jpg

lovestruck%20poster.jpg

[quote=“lidhum, post:12, topic:20241”]

[/quote]

My reply was in good faith. And I congratulate you on your marriage.

bro my friend is in his 30s and hes doing BCom now after working for 12 years.

Also, people are smart...they WILL catch you, and you WILL be embarrassed in front of those who respect you....

would you be willing to trade your izzat for just 2-3 years of study....

also, if you go to a proper uni they can exempt some courses based on the work you have done.

Think about it.

Well there is no age limits to learning. I am planning to immigrate to canada in 2 years time. I want to do courses of my interest there and not for job. Brother I am in early forties. There is no shame in learning even at old age. Do the right thing.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Formal education in computer sciences is a commercial business these days, regardless of the country. You pay money, and get a fancy paper in return. If you are doing something other than mobile app development or web development, you are better than 99.99% of the Pakistanis. You do not need a degree at all.

Buy a duly verified degree. If someone can make a degree, he should be able to get it verified as well :D

[quote=“hawker, post:18, topic:20241”]

Formal education in computer sciences is a commercial business these days, regardless of the country. You pay money, and get a fancy paper in return. If you are doing something other than mobile app development or web development, you are better than 99.99% of the Pakistanis. You do not need a degree at all.

Buy a duly verified degree. If someone can make a degree, he should be able to get it verified as well :D

[/quote]

Wait. Are you dissing mob/web development or just saying that stuff is easy?

Props on the can and may should bull btw.

An engineer designs products. Developers (mob, web) only act as laborers to write code.

Are you aware of any pakistani web developer who even tried to study source code of webkit?

Are you aware of any pakistani mob developer who even tried to fix bugs in android kernel? You shall have a hard time finding somebody who bothered to compile AOSP, let alone kernel.

These are Honda mechanics who do not know sh*ee*t about mechanics but still fix your Honda for you. Really, would you not differentiate between a mechanic and an engineer? I would.

A software engineer worth the title shall understand what I said. I am only repeating what accomplished people told me. My definition of "accomplished" is not the same as that of an average joe.