How To Speed Up Firefox

i gone through many tips available on google etc but they all messed up browser,

can anyone please tell working and final tips / tricks for speedup firefox..

thanks

Install Firefox 3.1 beta 2, it's faster than the older versions. Get it here: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-beta.html

@KO: FF 3.1 b2 doesn't allow CTRL+backspace to function.

n i am deeply confused thaT hoW TO restore my old passwords in new version, coz that addon is not installing on this 3.1 beta 2 version , i copy the key.db, signs1.txt,signs2.txt in new installed firefox profile directory but its not showing that passwords in new version ,,I have my all passwords in csv format..

ALso no password manager is not installing

2w1utep.jpg

what to do ..?:-(

@ rashi

If you don't have any experience with beta testing the software then go back to your stable version and wait for stable version release of Firefox 3.1.

Firefox 3.1 will be great to use but it is still in beta.

Run stable version and latest version of Firefox 3.0 (as of yet it's 3.0.5). But with all default settings, don't try to change settings unless you know what or how they are going to effect you.

By the way, what kind of slowness you feel in your regular Firefox? Slow to load? Slow to display? Slow to respond? etc.

Firefox is a resource hog and memory hog. Increasing RAM in your computer will help you a lot.

I am also suffering from FIREFOX LATE DISPLAY..I have 1Gb ram but still when it is first clicked,it responds late...but not very late!!!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I am also suffering from FIREFOX LATE DISPLAY…I have 1Gb ram but still when it is first clicked,it responds late…but not very late!!!
[/quote]

Does your harddisk do thrashing before Firefox open web-page? If so then it is because of page-file and you need more RAM.

If your Firefox takes time when you run Firefox for first-time (after boot) then try to defrag your harddisk. By the way, it is by design like other ordinary Windows applications to take time before they start. Pre-fetch of Windows XP can help you a little in this matter.

what do u mean by speed up.if You want webpages to load quickly then you should get a FASTER connection.If You Want it to open quickly then wait i will find some tricks for u maybe u shud disable useless plug ins

^we are talking about the start-up time of firefox!!!

what do u mean by speed up.if You want webpages to load quickly then you should get a FASTER connection.If You Want it to open quickly then wait i will find some tricks for u maybe u shud disable useless plug ins
[/quote]

yes i want the speedy loadup of webpages so that they can open quickly not the startup time of firefox

yes i want the speedy loadup of webpages so that they can open quickly not the startup time of firefox

[/quote]

* Get faster internet connection to download data faster.

* Get faster processor to process data faster.

* Get more RAM to speed up processing of data and display data as a web page.

----

My suggestion, I know that I am over doing it but that’s my experience:

* Get at least 1 mbit/s internet connection.

* Get Core 2 Duo processor (2+ Ghz).

* Get at least 2 GB DDR2 RAM.

In my experience, with above configuration, web pages opens in a breeze on Firefox.

* Get faster internet connection to download data faster.

* Get faster processor to process data faster.

* Get more RAM to speed up processing of data and display data as a web page.

----

My suggestion, I know that I am over doing it but that’s my experience:

* Get at least 1 mbit/s internet connection.

* Get Core 2 Duo processor (2+ Ghz).

* Get at least 2 GB DDR2 RAM.

In my experience, with above configuration, web pages opens in a breeze on Firefox.

[/quote]

thanks but can you tell me about optimizing firefox wrt internet connection

like available on google “network.http.pipelining” etc and all that

thanks but can you tell me about optimizing firefox wrt internet connection

like available on google “network.http.pipelining” etc and all that

[/quote]

I once tried lots of settings to test whether they really speedup Firefox or not. However, they don’t give any results more than few milliseconds which is totally unnoticeable.

After reinstalling Windows (for another reason), I haven’t changed a single bit in Firefox (all default settings) and it’s working fine.