How to send/receive Books from India

Asalaam o Alaikum

1- Any idea how much it cost to send books via courier or POST office from Lahore to India or India to Pakistan ?

2- Is post office method secure to send books... i mean what if i lost books?

1) Depends on the weight of the package and the intended delivery speed (airmail vs snailmail). Visit the Post Office, or visit your favorite courier and make inquiries. Couriers will even be able to give you information via phone or email (google contact info). Here is the rate-list from Pakistan Post (http://www.pakpost.gov.pk/international/4.html) it might be outdated.

2) I don't have experience with sending stuff via Pakistan Post, but I am sure that there are "tracked" services available, i.e you get a tracking number when you deposit the package and can follow up on the parcel's journey and status via web. Tracked packages usually don't get 'lost' and give you a reproach if they do. Anyways Books usually spark little interest so are least likely to get stolen, misplaced or confiscated but if they are valuable enough go with a renowned courier like FedEx.

Pakistan Post works ok, but they do take a month to deliver. For real good secure and fast service you would have to pay more via DHL, Fedex etc.

[quote=“Myelin, post:3, topic:22023”]

Pakistan Post works ok, but they do take a month to deliver. For real good secure and fast service you would have to pay more via DHL, Fedex etc.

[/quote]

It depends on the Pak Post service you use. EMS/UMS (parcel/letter respectively) are track-able and much faster than the cheaper shipping options also available from Pak Post.

[quote=“Asad, post:4, topic:22023”]

It depends on the Pak Post service you use. EMS/UMS (parcel/letter respectively) are track-able and much faster than the cheaper shipping options also available from Pak Post.

[/quote]

thanks guys.

what are those faster but cheaper options?

I asked courier companies they are way more expensive.

So solution i find is post office but thing is i have to receive some books from India to Pakistan so not sure how much will indian post office will cost and how they works... any help