How to save bookmarked links from FF

I am going to install clean copy of windows just wanna know how can i save links which i've saved in firefox and then reinstall after windows installation done???

There will be folder named 'Mozilla' in this directory C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR WINDOWS USER NAME\Application Data\

save it somewhere else on the HHD except C:\ , after fresh install of windows and then FFx, just copy OR replace that folder again in that directory. FFx must not be running at time of copying. and this is for windows XP.

Replace YOUR WINDOWS USER NAME with whatever user login name you have.

And FOR win 7 the directory for FFx settings would be C:\User\YOUR WINDOWS USER NAME\Roaming\Application Data\

After install procedure is same as above

As I am not using win7 at the moment so I am not sure about the correct directory but if there exists a folder name 'Mozilla' upon checking, then I must be correct. :)

your method doesn't works there was no any user named folder..in dictionary (because i do not setup login name for windows) But i got an easy way to save bookmark by going into library and just exported html file

but anyways thanks for your reply :)

Cls

rd /s /q F:\Mozilla\Profile

C:

cd C:\Documents and Settings\Adil\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

xcopy /E /H /I . F:\Mozilla\Profile

Exit

I had made that bat file to copy my whole profile settings (passwords, preferences, bookmarks etc) of Firefox automatically.

As Faisal told, here is the folder

2z7lvfa.jpg

@armada

Step 1.

(A) Click on Bookmarks (in main menu).

(B) Then click Show All Bookmarks.

Now Bookmarks library should be opened and there is Import and Backup tab in upper menu.

(C) Click it, then select backup...

Now save the file on your specified location with easy to remembered name.

Step 2.

After Installation of new Windows and Firefox, proceed till (C) but this time select Restore then Choose File... now select the file you saved in above procedure and you're done.

Hope it would work.

^oops...

I posted the tutorial bit late... anyway its good to know you've solved your problem!

[quote=“armada, post:3, topic:15696”]

your method doesn’t works there was no any user named folder…in dictionary (because i do not setup login name for windows) But i got an easy way to save bookmark by going into library and just exported html file

but anyways thanks for your reply :)

[/quote]

I do it all the the time not just for FFx but some other applications as well. but anyways …

How do you login without a user name then? either you use windows as administrator (which is a login name with or without password) or you make another account(s) with any name of your choice (with or without the password except administrator which is by default . I am really confused about the behavior of your OS.

Just for future reference. FF has an add-on called FEBE to backup/restore bookmarks, cookies, add-ons, user preferences and skins etc. Addon bBackups are in xpi format which you can drag/drop in FF to install without FEBE.

best u can do is to install an addon called XMARKS.