How to repair corrupted file?

I have a utorrent system file and it is in C:\ where my OS is, it has gotten corrupted and now utorrent cant access it,i need to recover it somehow

I tried chkdsk but it wont scan C:\ when windows has booted and there is a problem with my pc that it wont start chkdsk before windows is loaded, so how do i fix it?

Start in Recovery Console by using the Windows Setup CD unless you have installed it on your HDD. Use the chkdsk command from there.

is there any alternate as i dont have a CD-rom rite now

Install it through Windows but first get the Windows setup CD files on some flash drive.

type "chkntfs /D" in run box to revert to default behavior (Drives are checked at boot time). After that use chkdsk to schedule the computer to check drive C: on next boot.

yar just convert your all partitions to ntfs and no more file coruptions due to power failures.

all partitions r already NTFS :s

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

yar just convert your all partitions to ntfs and no more file coruptions due to power failures.
[/quote]

That is a false perception. NTFS volumes also get corrupt but there are slightly higher recovery chances for data.

^^

i neva got files corupted since i cnvrtd my drives to ntfs

You might be 7200.11 or 7200.10 SATA hard disks. They are more resistance to data corruption.

^ They still aren't resistant to the WAPDA brand of load shedding. :/

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^ They still aren’t resistant to the WAPDA brand of load shedding. :confused:
[/quote]

Newton in Pakistan would say :

For every solution there is an equal and opposite new problem :D

this is the first time my files hv gotten corruped :s

i think u should redownload

I agree with asad.I have 7200.10 seagate HDD and very recently after improper shutdown(6 Times in a day) due to KESC, my winamp and a game file got corrupted and had to reinstall them.They couldn't be repaired from chkdsk utility.

The funny part was although winamp was open all these times,i haven't been playing the game for last 3-4 days,still got corrupted somehow.

so i scanned it with chkdsk by attaching the HDD to another computer and chkdsk just deleted the file :-(

that mean, problem solved :D