How to remove rust stains from a Dollar bill?

I have two 100 dollar bills with me, few years old. They have little bit of zinc (zung as in urdu) stains and due to that the money exchanges are hesitating to accept it, some are offering me rediculous prices.

Anyways so i was womdering if there is any tried and tested way of removing the stains or cleaning the bill..?

regards.

there may be a way, but apparently you will mess it up. Best way is to give it to someone going states and ask them to bring something in return. Money exchangers are always reluctant in these matters. Same happened with me and i ended up exchanging it with a cousin of mine from states.!

Zinc? on dollar bills? are they made of IRON?

^ That is what i am surprised about, maybe there is some iron content in the notes. Still wondering, whats the point of making biodegradeable bank notes? Lolz at americans.

whats the price they are giving ?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I have two 100 dollar bills with me, few years old. They have little bit of zinc (zung as in urdu) stains and due to that the money exchanges are hesitating to accept it, some are offering me rediculous prices.

Anyways so i was womdering if there is any tried and tested way of removing the stains or cleaning the bill…?

regards.

[/quote]

Do not trade those $ for lower price.

Not sure is to how the stain would be removed but first you gotta decide what kind of stain it actually is…

Is it zinc OR is it rust (iron oxide)… Cause method could possibly be different

Reactivity Series:

ka-na-ca-mug-al-zun-fee-san-pab-haa-ko-hug-ugg-aao-putt (O level Chem nostalgia anyone?)

K-Na-Ca-Mg-Al-Zn-Fe-Sn-Pb-H-Cu-Hg-Ag-Au-Pt

Quick, dip it in Sodium Hydroxide! :P

/kidding

Buy something online I guess?

I believe banks will give you right price because they dont care about the condition of the currency

I tried bing for the solution. One interesting solution I got is to "blow on the dollar bills". :D

Buy something online I guess?

[/quote]

:o To buy online they need E-currency not Zinc-Currency

Anyways so i was womdering if there is any tried and tested way of removing the stains or cleaning the bill…?

regards.

[/quote]

Dear, the “zung” (in Urdu) is translated to rust (in English), not to Zinc (which is a metal element http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zinc).

WARNING: Follow the following procedure on your own risk. This is your money and you are responsible for all the actions. If some went wrong then don’t blame me. YOU ARE WARNED!

Having said that, soak your bills in room temperature water (not cold and not hot, just take water that has been standing in room for few hours).

Take a large glass bowl, fill it about a liter (or two liters) of room-temperature water. Take a clean glass tumbler (made of glass, not anything else), put that glass tumbler upside down on that bill while allowing all rusty part soaked in the water. The purpose of glass tumbler is not letting the bill to float in water but to dip it in water. After 5 or 10 minutes the rust will start to dissolve in water (water is a great solvent). Now remove glass and while the bill is in still in water, with your fingers, very very gently (the most gentle that you can do) rub with your finger-tip on the rusty part to remove remaining rust. All of rust may not get remove in first try. But at that point, do not soak further, remove the bill from water and put it on a clean white towel (do not use any colored towel). Do not rub. Do not try to dry it. Just let it sit there and let it air-dry within next few hours. Good luck with your money.

^ is this an infamous technique or just designed at the very moment? Looks too flawed to be followed. The notes may shred up in pieces when trying to take them out of the water.

May be this video is of any help to you ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhPZieBBP3A

wash it with high speed petrol (use tooth brush or any soft clothe)

Surf Excel hai na