How to register complaint with KESC 118?

For the past two months whenever I wanted to register my complaint with KESC complaint center 118 I got disconnected before call could be transferred to operator or in the middle of conversation. Is it me only or everyone else is facing same problem. If so what is alternate? Their local office (Bl.15, Gulistan-e-Jauhar) is highly un-cooperative, rude and ignorant. We are running from pillar to post to get our broken jumpers fixed but to no avail. Is there any other option? Any help would be much appreciated.

go to line man of ur area pay him few bucks and he will fix ur problem, simple u dont even need to register complain , i did this for my fone problem,

yep u can ask an Electrition to find a kesc guy to fix your problem, that's how alot of people are getting their repairs done. if the kesc guy brings a truck with him be prepared to pay atleast 1000 rs

[quote=“smeagle, post:2, topic:15348”]

go to line man of ur area pay him few bucks and he will fix ur problem, simple u dont even need to register complain , i did this for my fone problem,

[/quote]

Thanks but its not phone problem. Its Electricity problem involving Karachi Electricity Sucks Company.

[quote=“archim3des, post:3, topic:15348”]

yep u can ask an Electrition to find a kesc guy to fix your problem, that’s how alot of people are getting their repairs done. if the kesc guy brings a truck with him be prepared to pay atleast 1000 rs

[/quote]

I know my lineman but for Electricity no Electrician fixes problems related to KESC. We tried our best but couldn’t find a KESC Official who could be contacted. Only lousy 118 and miserable local complaint center.

KESC staff did make lot of money during strikes but now repair guys do not even talk to heir relative. :(

Anyways. I just want to know whats wrong with 118 system.

[quote=“scuzzy, post:5, topic:15348”]

I know my lineman but for Electricity no Electrician fixes problems related to KESC. We tried our best but couldn’t find a KESC Official who could be contacted. Only lousy 118 and miserable local complaint center.

KESC staff did make lot of money during strikes but now repair guys do not even talk to heir relative. :(

Anyways. I just want to know whats wrong with 118 system.

[/quote]

nothings wrong with the 118 system, last time i checked (yesterday), btw some electrictions do in fact fix kesc issues. the last 3 months during the strike, these electrictions are the only reason a ton of people had running power.

There is a little trick to 118. Try and see if it works for you. Here's

what you do:

In the voice menu when you get the options (phase, service

line, power fault, load-shedding, etc, etc), choose number 3,

ie; "power". When they ask you to input your 13 digit customer

ID number, omit the first digit (make a mistake). The voice

operator will say that your ID # is incorrect and to input it again.

Enter incorrect ID # again. The system will then automatically

connect you to the KESC CSR. And this time, they will pick up.

I've managed to get to a real human this way, a couple of

times. The regular way, where you choose them yourself,

by dialling "0", has never worked for me. They put you on hold

and ultimately the line is dropped.

Let me know if it works for anybody out there. ;)

Sheikh 'Tajdeed' Chilli

Thanks Sheikh "Great tip" chili. I'll try this next time.

Yeah its because of poor service of KESC. I also faced this problem many times, uh !!