How to reduce starting current

I have pure sine wave UPS and want to connect small room fridge. Can a soft starter solve high starting current problem? Or there is no need of any soft starter.

Sent from my HUAWEI G700-U10 using Tapatalk

depends on your ups model and fridge model..all of them have different capabilities.

PS: how do you intend to make your fridge soft start?

Dont have an idea of soft start concept. Can you guide please ?

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

^ then why are you intent on reducing that current if you dont know what it is?

anyhoo... read up details on wifipedia.. there are some very simple articles there for understanding this phenomenon..

If there is schedule load shedding in your area then a simple solution start your refrigerator on wapda then it will be switched to you ups when light is gone I have tried this trick on APC 1500 watt ups

But the thermostat will switch it off and on even when there is no light

why is this soft start an issue? is it creating any problem for your electricity system?

No I wanted to ask if it can be an issue. Or my UPS will handle the starting current.

[quote=“adnan3986, post:6, topic:21024”]

[/quote]

[quote=“adnan3986, post:6, topic:21024”]

[/quote]

Set thermostat knob to max…

[quote=“adnan3986, post:8, topic:21024”]

No I wanted to ask if it can be an issue. Or my UPS will handle the starting current. Sent from my HUAWEI G700-U10 using Tapatalk

[/quote]

ur ups model is?

Aurora pure sine wave 2000 VA

soft starting a compressor, that is not designed/meant to be soft-started can be harmful to the compressor's health.

2000 VA should let you load your UPS with ~8.5 A. Excluding the surge capability if it has it.

If you can check the starting ampere consumption of the fridge in question; it can tell you if you may or may not attach it to your ups.

your ups hsould be capable of EASILY handling your small fridge.. eve a BIG fridge.. not a Deep freezer though.. but bIg fridge with ease.. with no hiccups at all.. no matter how Hard Start it is..

Isn't there any DC operated refrigerator in market so that I connect directly with battery. Secondly why not deep freezer ? Does it take more current ?

most deep freezers are energy hungry and have high torque due to much larger compressor than fridge.. so its advised not to run it on low to medium end UPS.. fridge is a very small item.. it can run very easily..

Yes there are fridges dc powered, mostly to use in cars

Thank you all for providing such use full information

You can attach frequency inverter to fridge compressor for soft start, it will work 100% just like inverter based ACs.