How to reduce ping On Ptcl Dsl

Hi,

is their any way to reduce ping . I'm .5 Km from exchange and my ping is 65 ms. using 4 mb connection.

Set dsl modulation to .gmt. That will reduce ping by 20-30%.

already tried that but no change , any other way

The best advice I can give you is to check the cable to your modem. It should not be more then 3" The second thing you can do is download the latest driver for your network card. An other option is to switch to another internet service provider...btw 65 ms pings are not so bad

[quote=“armada, post:4, topic:16725”]

The best advice I can give you is to check the cable to your modem. It should not be more then 3" The second thing you can do is download the latest driver for your network card. An other option is to switch to another internet service provider…btw 65 ms pings are not so bad

[/quote]

I think he want some technical advice

G.DMT reduces pings on some modems and increases on some (tried tested with 5 or 5 modems).

[quote=“rimtiaz, post:5, topic:16725”]

I think he want some technical advice

[/quote]

then stop thinking and give em technical advice

If you are using MBL DSL, you can ask them to change you from interleaved to fast mode. This will get your pings down to as low as 30-40ms to PTCL and 20ms to MBL if your line can support it.

Edit: Never mind, this is PTCL section and you use 4mbps so you're probably using PTCL. I have had no success with asking PTCL to change to FAST mode. Only the older connections (2009 or older) were on fast mode. But if you could come across someone technical who knows this stuff, you might have some luck.

I have emailed to broadband support lets see what they can do :)

[quote=“Asad_N, post:8, topic:16725”]

If you are using MBL DSL, you can ask them to change you from interleaved to fast mode. This will get your pings down to as low as 30-40ms to PTCL and 20ms to MBL if your line can support it.

Edit: Never mind, this is PTCL section and you use 4mbps so you’re probably using PTCL. I have had no success with asking PTCL to change to FAST mode. Only the older connections (2009 or older) were on fast mode. But if you could come across someone technical who knows this stuff, you might have some luck.

[/quote]

how to know if mine is set to fast ?

@jhagra, which modem do you have. If its ZXDSL like mine, go to your modem webpage (http://192.168.1.1), and check under "Status" -> "ADSL status".

For example mine looks like this,

0llD5.jpg

And sometimes shows fast latency.

[quote=“jDk, post:2, topic:16725”]

Set dsl modulation to .gmt. That will reduce ping by 20-30%.

[/quote]Can you plz tell that how to set dsl modulation to gmt???

I just read this topic and changed my DSL mode to gmt from ADSL2+ , And I am not lying my ping just reduced from 72 ms to 39ms,using a 4mb connection.

Can you plz tell that how to set dsl modulation to gmt???same question , please answer !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

what to do with this ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -